Katie Price on BBC's Traffic Cops

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a277747/katie-price-caught-on-traffic-cops.html

Apparently this will be shown on BBC1 at 10:35 tonight.

Some sources state that she had no insurance. They go on to state that she phoned her mother who then arranged insurance for the vehicle. She was then given a producer.

Most normal people would have had their cars seized there and then. Most normal people pay a lot of money for their policies - something that Mrs Price, a millionaire, can easily afford.

Despite speaking tough in the above news-piece, PC Ray Dalmon has undoubtedly offered Mrs Price a more favourable service than we see some other members of the public receiving.

All I can say is that the officers were either influenced by her wealth or freakishly large breasts.

For reasons I won't go into, I found myself watching one of those cop programmes in the wee small hours yesterday. In it, a bloke was clocked driving without wearing a seat belt and then followed by the police where he was then clocked for driving at 40 in a 30 mph area. He got a £30 fine and no points on his licence. I got caught by a fixed speed camera doing 36 in a 30 mph area and the fine was £60 and 3 points on my licence - or it would have been but I did the 'Driver Education' course (still had to fork out £60 though, but at least I made the buggers work for it).

The point I'm making here is that the law is not applied evenly. Call me Mr Picky, but isn't driving at 40 in a 30 area and not wearing a seat belt worse than driving at 36 in a 30 area (and I was wearing my seat belt)?. So why the different penalties?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

On a lighter note but still on the subject of driving and the cops, I well remember listening to 'Atlantic' radio quite a few years ago and having to stop my car because I was laughing so much at something I heard. You may recall an incident involving the actress Gillian Taylforth and her boyfriend in a Range Rover. Not too long after that, Taylforth got stopped by the police and breathalysed. What made me laugh was the Radio announcer's quip: "I wonder if she got a sense of deja vu when the officer leant in and said 'would you mind blowing on this madam?'"

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Guest Jason King

The point I'm making here is that the law is not applied evenly.

If you ever drive in the small hours of the morning, as I often do, the vast majority of vehicles on the road, at least in my area, are taxis and cop cars.

Rarely, if ever, should I be behind a cop, will they be obeying the speed limit.

This annoys me greatly.