style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i just rang the DWP and asked about what was happening with my money because i havent had any payment since the 2nd September because i told them my husband moved in ,they stopped my esa and sent me in forms to fill out , then my medical was on the 16th which i was happy that i went , but when ringing the DWP earlier they said that ATOS has said "incomplete work capability assesment" i said that i was there 10-15mins and that i suffer with agrophobia and that the doctor said it was ok to leave ,

but the woman on the phone said that a form was on its way to me to fill out the reasons why i left the appointment and said to write a letter stating why i left early , she had me confused so i rang again and spoke to someone different and he said that the decision maker has said about a home visit , but the woman before i spoke to said the decision maker wanted it in writing why i left the work capability assessment early ? !,

and when i said i hadnt had any money what was i supposed to do because by the time i get the letter and send off whatever they want me to it would take even more time ,

he said apply for a crisis loan but the hassle i had last time i had to apply for one on the day of my medical she kept me on the phone for an hour and was rude , i said i had a medical and she didnt care , she said "because u have had 3 crisis loans this year you,ll have to attend an appointment in the jobcenter , by this time my temper had gone (was already crying) i shouted "didnt i just tell you im agraphobic and im trying everything in my power to go to my medical" to which she answered "you do know u can have a home visit" so i said to her "this is something i want to do because im trying to help myself" and i put the phone down on her , she rang back and said "oh its ok just send someone down"

i cant believe ive got to ask for another crisis loan and there guaranteed to try everything not to give it , its not my fault the DWP arent paying me and i dont have any money coming in

im so worried because the council already have a "possesion order on my house" because i fell late with payments the last time they stopped my esa im so worried im going to lose my house ,

any advice gladly appreciated ,

i taped the medical i dont know wether to say to them that i did and that there was no mention of the doctor saying that he would have to put "incomplete" he just seen the state i was in after 10-15mins and when i said "i want to go" he got up and walked to the door BEFORE i even did ! and opened the door and said to my husband "she wants to go does she ok no problem" and that was it ,

im so down because the thought of everything i went through that day and was happy i did it and it has resulted in nothing ,

and i dont understand why the DWP is using this medical now as an excuse not to pay me when it originally was the fact that my husband moved in and i had to fill in forms etc ,

its as if they were waiting for the medical results thinking "she,ll fail"

i really dont know what to do

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nightmare. I don't know what you can do apart from keep asking them what needs to be done. You don't say what your husband's income is so we can't know what effect that has on everything.

My sympathies to you.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Hi hun

I am sorry that this has happened.

If i was you wait until this form comes and then fill it in as you have explained to us what happened in as much detail as you can.

I would labour the point that at no time did the doctor intimate that by you leaving it was an incomplete medical.

I also think a letter of complaint into ATOS stating what has happened. They are obliged to investigate.

If they decide that you have to have another medical would a home visit be better for you?

Is it possible to get a letter of support from your GP?

Best Wishes x

Rang The DWP after still no payment , (after me telling them my husband had moved in and i filled in a "change of circumstances form" ) i hadnt had any money since the 2nd september but they gave me a crisis loan surely they would have known that my husband being on incapacity would make me entitled to nothing , they wouldnt have given me one ?

They said that because my husband has £106 incapacity im entitled to nil and its taken them 3 weeks to say this to me because everytime i rang up asking when i would recieve payment they were once saying it was cos of the medical and then because of the form i had to fill in ,

i asked if that was the case why are they asking me for a home visit for a medical , he said to pay stamp for me

is this right

his words were "you were on income related esa and your partner has £106 incapacity benefit so you are entitled to nil"

im so in debt i dont know where to start , my husband is talking about moving out !

if anyone can help

Rang The DWP after still no payment , (after me telling them my husband had moved in and i filled in a "change of circumstances form" ) i hadnt had any money since the 2nd september but they gave me a crisis loan surely they would have known that my husband being on incapacity would make me entitled to nothing , they wouldnt have given me one ?

They said that because my husband has £106 incapacity im entitled to nil and its taken them 3 weeks to say this to me because everytime i rang up asking when i would recieve payment they were once saying it was cos of the medical and then because of the form i had to fill in ,

i asked if that was the case why are they asking me for a home visit for a medical , he said to pay stamp for me

is this right

his words were "you were on income related esa and your partner has £106 incapacity benefit so you are entitled to nil"

im so in debt i dont know where to start , my husband is talking about moving out !

if anyone can help

Did you found out what your circumstances will be if your husband move in with you? or did you just ring the DWP telling them your husband has moved in? if it's the latter then they would just cut your benefit sometimes with the dwp it's best to make absolutely sure what your circumstance would be before you decides to do anything as you've found out you are now worst off perhaps you should have gone together to the jobcentre and make a joint claim.

I am sorry this is no help to you hopefully now you know not to make drastic actions when it comes to the dwp. I hope the matter get sorted and that your husband do not need to move out.

does anyone know if my husband can claim for me ? , or if i am able to claim IS ?

and someone said that they couldnt understand how i was getting ESA and SDA together but i was ,

and the written things on SDA is :

you will recieve this if you are 80% disablement !!

im so confused

hi

If you are appealing the ESA medical decision i was of the understanding that you are entitled to claim ESA at the assessment rate while you await your appeal.

I don't know whether this is subject to what your hubby receives though.

Hopefully somebody with a little more knowledge can advise.

Best wishes

I Did get ESA and SDA "Severe Disablement Allowance" i had an extra £53.65 a week on top of the ESA ,

they,ve written to me today and im so confused , they put

From the 13th August your ESA will be £95.60 this is because of a "change of money coming in"

From the 20th August your ESA will be £50.00 this is because of a "change of money coming in"

We cannot pay you ESA from the 3rd september , you are not getting anymore ESA

we have used the tax years ending 5th april 2008 and 5th april 2009 to asses your claim

And then on the page how your money is worked out it says

Your Living Expenses (couple) £102.75

Extra money because you are severly disabled £53.65

Which gives you a total of £156.40

Incapacity Benefit For your partner £60.80

your total income £60.80

Your employment and support allowance amount of £156.40 less total income of £60.80

so your entitlement is £95.60

The amounts on this page apply from 13th august to 19th august

then i had a seperate letter saying :

"a payment of arrears of income related ESA amounting to £200.00 has been calculated for the period 3rd september to the 30th september

this arrears payment has not been sent to you or credited to you as we are holding details of a possible overpayment

we are checking wether any recovery must be made ,

Arrears payments due will be sent to you as soon as possible and we will tell you why any money has been held back

if you dont hear from us within 5 days please contact our office"

Im waiting for a phone call off them

they just rang me and said "we are issueing you a payment but it wont be till monday" i asked how much for and she said "£200.00 but we cant do it till monday"

(i swear they ring you always seems to land on a friday and its always late afternoon !! )

i had to say to her that i didnt understand any of the amounts and she then said "your entitled to £50 a week"

its seems as though they have gone out of there way to mess me about why send a letter saying you arent entitled to anything and then ONLY when i query it its "oh you are entitled to £50 a week"

but im glad its something as its better than nothing

I think the confusion is where you were getting the Severe Disability Premium on top of your ESA, not the Severe Disablement Allowance.

Glad to hear that you are getting something now.

Edited by Two4Tuesday
Mistake in the benefit name. Confusing, isn't it!

If my posts have been helpful, please click the star icon and add to my reputation points. Thanks! :-D

i was told on the phone that the medical i attended was "incomplete" and a letter sent out stating for me to let them know if i would be sending in a doctors letter for a home visit , but then i get a letter saying

"Your Appointment Details For Your Pathways To Work Interview"

It says the time and date but hand written on the top of the letter it says

"please phone this number at the time and date stated below"

(i think its because im down as agrophobic)

does this "pathways to work interview" mean that they DID accept my medical ?

thanks again all you all have been wonderful

No they do not mean you have passed ESA I'm afraid.

Until you get a letter from the DWP saying one way or the other you're still in the assessment phase of ESA.

Pathways can happen at any time and a lot of people have found themselves going to all 6 interviews before their ESA claim is decided.

hellow banksarggg, i actually went for a "pathways"(wfi) before i had my actual medical in feb

of this year. a action plan was set up for me(discussed

what i was going to do to get back to work)had my medical and got "NIL"points ,but i still had to attend

pathways interviews.

i appealled the medical decision,and even though i have now gone back to work, i am still waiting for a date to come through from the tribunal service in sutton.

i was on ESA from november09 untill september2010.

yes it is all very confusing; but all of us have to going

in the struggle with the dwp and atos.

good luck banksgrrr.

hellow speedfreek, hope you are well.

"i am just off to work shortly"

cheers happyhamr

• 1 month later...

I've been through 4 of these medicals during the past 5 years and I would seriously advise you to record your medical...using a dictaphone or some recording device. I've experienced blatant dishonesty from assessors on three of the four occasions. During one medical the assessor provided a report that was the polar opposite to what we had discussed during the medical. People seriously need to protect themselves during these interviews because they verge on the criminal. Record your medical, take a witness along with you who will take notes of everything you say, and keep it safe. These so called "health professionals" are simply there to get you off incapacity benefit in order to serve their own careers. They will attempt to do everything they can to deny you much needed benefits while you are ill.

Please take heed: RECORD the medical and TAKE A WITNESS along with you who will sit there and openly take notes while the medical is taking place!!

You are right jone. The report you get after the assessment is lies. Incredible that this is happening.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

I Had 2 letters this morning one giving me an appointment for "Pathways to work interview" !!and Ive finally had a letter saying :

We asked you to attend a work capability assesment on the 16th september so that a health care proffessional could advise us on your ability to work"

We have looked at your reasons for not attending the assesment .or your refusal to participate fully with the assesment

a decision maker has decided you are capable of work from 17th september

this means you are no longer entitled to ESA"

I was in that office for a total of 18mins (my husband went through the recording) yes i recorded it and the doctor mentions nothing about the medical being incomplete , in fact he was more than happy for me to leave as i was distressed (the medical i tried to go on before this date i only made it to the corridors so i was so happy with myself for doing it this time around and then getting told "incomplete" all that for nothing , i really want to fight this because if only they knew how hard that day was

Would i get into big trouble by saying i recorded it for my own memory reasons and stories i had been told ?

im so sick of the DWP and im sure im not alone i feel like they are trying everything in there power to get me off ESA

my money has been cut from £111 a week to £50 a week

i also want to put all of this towards my appeal i started months ago about my incapacity benefit , they wrote to me the other day asking if i still wanted to go ahead with the appeal

what are the chances of this appeal going in my favour because they want everyone off incapacity benefits so im doubtful

i just wanted to say as well a Huge thank you to everyone on these forums you give us a LOT of peace of mind and help you couldnt even pay for

Hi, its just my opinion, but I would'nt admit to recording it, (that would just give them amunition to use against you). but if you do, dont mention all the stories you've heard, (keep that up your sleeve for future use).

"i also want to put all of this towards my appeal i started months ago about my incapacity benefit , they wrote to me the other day asking if i still wanted to go ahead with the appeal"

I think you should, asap

"what are the chances of this appeal going in my favour"

Request a report from Atos, and the 'decision', to see what they have written, then check this against your recording.

In my opinion, this should show up some useful stuff for an appeal.

This is only my opinion, I'm not an expert, but there will be someone along soon, who will be.

Alan

Hi, thats disgusting, but for once i have to disagree with Alan and HB, i would get my hands on a copy of that report asap and then i would be going to anyone who'll listen, this would be a good place to start,,,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284028-CAB-appeals-for-support-for-Fair-Welfare-Campaign

I also suggest you visit the MIND website, i filled in a survey about a month ago, and today had a very interesting chat with a nice lady about telling my story to the press, my story is pretty damning for both ATOS and the DWP, but yours sounds even worse for them.

As for winning your appeal i would say that you have evry chance, the appeal IS independent, they deal in facts not the ill-formed opinion of some "HPC" who has targets to meet.

good luck whatever you decide

HE

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

This is a failure to participate in a medical so therefore there will be no report to contest (as we know it).

Contact DIAL and MIND and ask for their advice. Following that a local CAB or Welfare Right if you've got them.

I've just done a post search on your profile and seen your original thread about this. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278139-there-saying-quot-incomplete-medical-quot-(&p=3138447&highlight=#post3138447

This was my big fear (well one of the many :!: )

They will probably tell you that you need evidence to support you. GP, CPN, psychiatrist and even a declaration of a professional (same as passport) or partner can help.

I'd go

Contact MH charity

Arrange to get get evidence (see what the time line is)

Appeal and at the same time raise a complaint to both the DPW & ATOS and send a copy both complaints inc evidence to my local MP anybody else who I think can help.

Sorry I can't help more :|

I think there should be a report, the "medical" lasted 18 minutes, but if there is no report then you'll need something saying so, or at least a copy of the letter saying you failed to comply ect, it's all evidence.

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

i just had this email as i signed up to hear about the latest whats going on With The DWP

"You may have heard on the news today that the work capability assessment (WCA) – the medical test for employment and support allowance – is to be made fairer and more just.

It isn’t.

It’s actually going to be made very much more harsh and unjust.

Because although the coalition have said they accept all of the recommendations made by Professor Harrington in his report on the WCA, they have also said they are still going ahead with changes to the WCA which they set out earlier this year.

We’ve written before about the plans to remove almost half the mental health descriptors, dock points from amputees who can lift with their stumps and assess claimants with walking problems using imaginary wheelchairs

Though one very positive outcome of the Harrington review is the recommendation that the audio taping of medicals should be piloted to see if it is a practical possibility. This has been accepted by the DWP. There’s not a shred of doubt that this is entirely due to the hard campaigning and many submissions to the review by Benefits and Work members. Well done to everyone for forcing Atos and the DWP this far

Theres Got To Be Some sort of report as he asked a few questions and was typing at his computer , he went through all my medication as i took it all with me he put all that into the computer

i am going to tell them in the morning that i recorded it and would like a report on what was said so i can validate it , (as the DWP have said yes to recording medicals in an email i recieved earlier)

im so sick of them all ive done is fight the dwp ,

will i have to do the same as i went through before (no money for months till it was sorted) ? does anyone know if i can claim anything ? or would my husband be able to claim for me (he is on incapacity benefit)

thanks again

hi

can anyone please telll me who i phone to get a ATOS report about what was written in there medical as im appealing

another question ;

i rang the DWP today and .......they have not recieved my GL24 form and i cant have payment until they recieve it , ive got to wait for the higher up people to ring me to onfirm they defo do not have it , i asked if i could take another one into my local jobcenter and they said "no not until they have confirmed they havent recieved it and then you have to make an appointemt at the jobcenter (im aggraphobic) im at my wits end

am i entitled to payment even though they said that my ESA has been stopped due to "incomplete medical" ?

if so how do i go about the appointment at the jobcenter ?

thanks again everyone your help is much appreciated