rizel23

RBS Bank Account Quiery

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3591 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I opened a student account with them 4 years ago with a 2K overdraft, this was interest free then moved to a graduate account. I was out of a job after Uni and ill and could not have worked even if i had found one. I started paying back the over draft at what i could afford (£35 a month) and have got it down to £1800, now the account has changed into a standard account and interest has gone from £6 a month to £29 so of my payments £6 will reduce the balance :-(

Is there anything i can request to see what terms and conditions i signed up for as i can't find my original paper work.

I have written to RBS with my concerns about the high amount of interest rise and they basically told me it was what i signed upto. Thanks

Well they would say that wouldn't they,

Have you asked the bank for a copy of the terms and conditions applicable to the account at the time of opening?

You could always send a SAR to RBS, it cost £10 , but they have to supply all the data they hold on, but wether this would include the terms and conditions I don't know.

A CCA request would not be applicable as it is not a credit agreement as such , but an over draft.

I would wait and see what others have to say, but I see no reason why you can't ask to see a copy of what they are saying you signed up to

You could always send a

SAR
link3.gif
to RBS, it cost £10 , but they have to supply all the data they hold on, but wether this would include the terms and conditions
link3.gif
I don't know.

Send the SAR to RBS data controller

Joyce E Tudor

Regulatory Risk

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Ask for all documents , inparticular request a copy of your overdraft agreement.

Which department responded to your initial request ?

Debs

Thanks for the replies, just had time to follow this up.

I had a reply from Alasdair Stewart, Senior Business Associate, Tay House Glasgow.

I shall reply to him requesting this is now a formal compliant until I see the overdraft agreement i signed up-to along with the original T&Cs and include £10 cheque and the SAR Request, does that sound about right? thanks