Jump to content

David Lloyd, ARC Europe, Trevor Munn


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have moved and recently been passed some mail from ARC and TM solicitors about a debt I have with DL and if I don't pay they are going to take me to court and I will get a CCJ!!!!


I never had a direct debit with DL instead I paid annually. Towards the end of the 2nd year (2009) I wrote to them and cancelled. They told me that I needed to give 3 months notice - I had given 2 months. I refused and included a 5 page letter of complaint aout the service I received whilst being a member. I didn't use the gym again for the rest of my term. I didn't hear anything again and have since moved.


Now I owe them £425.30! How????????!!!!!


I have read loads of other threads about this, but all of them detail similar problems to me and don't actually provide answers.....


1. I never had a credit agreement with them did I as I paid annually and NOT by monthlt direct debit??


2. Can they take me to court?


3. Will they actually give me a CCJ which will affect my impeccable credit history???


Has this ever happened to anyone else before?


I have emailed them, but I am not giving them my new address.


Please, please, please help! I don't want a CCJ and I also do not have over £400 to give them for nothing!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Wiggy and welcome to CAG.


You should have already gathered, from other threads here, that ARC may have no rights to demand or collect money regarding your gym m/ship.


When did you sign up and what was the initial agreed m/ship term.


I note that you didn't sign a credit agreement but did you sign any m/ship agreement or contract.


What was the annual m/ship fee.


What amounts have you paid so far.


Can you post up a copy of the m/ship agreement. You may find you have to make more posts here before you can attach the doc't so use Photobucket instead. See here for help - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html


I suggest you DO give your new address. Otherwise, TM Solicitors may take out a court claim against you using the old address. You may not get this until it is too late to reply to the court and lodge your defence. They will then get Judgement against you "in default". You'll then have to go about getting the CCJ set-aside.


I'd write to the Sol'rs saying you are taking advice in the matter because you dispute the alleged debt and any unlawful penalty charges levied in respect of it. Also ask them for a copy of the initial agreement.



We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING



                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.


Thanks !:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...