Rejanu

Fitness first: Terminating a contract.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3607 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there.

My contract with fitness first was signed on ( 20.03.10 ). And I would like to cancel it.

Reason why I want to do it?

First of all, I'm working in DFS... I'm lifting 100kg beds every day (All day long) and it's so obvious that I don't want to go to the gym after work. I do work 6 days a week ( Mon - Sat ) and on Sundays usually having a day off but I don't want to go to the gym on Sundays too as I lifted heavy stuff already 6 days.

Also, when I joined Fitness First, I lived not too far away from it, but now I have to travel by bus to the station, then 15min walk to another station then 30min by train and then 15min walk again. Witch takes insane amount of time and money to get there.

Any suggestions of what to tell them so they cancel my membership would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If it is because you've had a change of mind, you'll need to refer to your agreement for the steps to take for cancellation. If there was a minimum term (like 12 months) then to save losing out, look at the notice period and make sure your comply with the requirements, if you break the deal beforehand (and many do) you usually end up wasting money as the contract is binding on both sides, if you don;t use the facilities, you're still bound to pay the annual fees agreed.

Check the contract. paying attention to 'Your Right To Cancel' or any information provided on early termination.

I've attached my agreement.

It says on the contract that I have a minimum 12 months contract .

Is there any way to cancel my contract and not to pay for the rest of the period?

Thanks.

Link to Agreement.

www . aleksejstimofejevs .com / FFAgreement.jpg

Only if you didn't sign the contract, pay for the use of the gym, or if they have failed to provide you with the services your agreed to. The reason why they have contracts is to provide a lock-in and ensure that they have a guaranteed income to ensure the gym prospers. In exchange for the commitment, they provide you with the equipment you require, probaly at a cost much less than if you simply turned up as a day guest.

So, if you're searching for a way out of your legally binding commitment, there is only 'buying out' the remainder of your commitment, which you may get a discount, and you walk away from it. They don;t usually take folk to court for non payment, but do use DCAs to pursue and harass for the money owed.

The bottom line? Never enter into contracts fr non-important consumer purchases (Gyms, Phones etc) it means you;re stuck with paying out for something you probably won't want later when your priorities change.

Thanks buzby.