ellis v natwest

ellisn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, It took Natwest 6 weeks to send my back statements to me but they were all sent as one. so far over £5k in unlawful charges. Most of the time the bank charge me for going overdrawn so once the account is back within the overdraft limit they put their fee on therefore making me overdrawn again - they certainly know what they are doing.

Went to the bank today and been charged £38 AGAIN for going overdraft leaving me with v little money to survive on, but bet big fat cats are in their nice warm cosy offices and homes living the life.

Sending off letter today recorded delivery to the Borehamwood address to giving them 14 days to send me MY money back, so fingers crossed.

Can anyone tell me that has been successful at what stage the Natwest usually relents and gives back what is owed?

N ELLIS

Hi. You will get your money but it's not easy and you need to READ and READ and READ the info available on here. I made some stupid mistakes which cost me more money and months of extra work. In my case they 'laughed' at my initial letter, didn't care about the letter before action and then entered a defence on day 28 on the grounds that I'd not submitted the claim correctly. At this stage I started taking it much more seriously and checked on this website every step of the way to make sure I was not making any more mistakes. I have just been offered half of my money back as 'goodwill!' but it won't be long now before they are forced to give me the lot. They certainly know what they are doing and I strongly advise you to make sure that you do too!!!! Don't expect them to say "ok, it's a fair cop, here's your cash".

One other point, be careful if you're claiming over £5k as this is too large an amount to be dealt with as a small claim. I'd ask for more advice on that if I were you.

Good luck!

Hi Guys

I am trying on behalf of my son, to recover charges and interest from Nat West. I have sent the first letter together with a schedule of interest and charges for the period in question and and they have replied to him claiming that the charges were applied strictly in accordance with his original agreemnet and their puplished tariff and that all of their charges are fair, reasonable and transparent??????

They also claim that most os the recent media coverage on bank charges has been prompted by the Office of Fair Trading investigation earlier this year but that was limited to administration charges on credit card accounts and did not extend to include bank charges. Can anyone clarify if this is the case as if they are correct in what they claim, is sending a version of the second letter in order or can anyone suggest what I should do next.

Many thanks

Carol

thanks for the advice, I am an intelligent person (most of the time) but I know that this isnt going to be easy, at the end of the day they are not going to want to just hand over MY money back to me, and I am in this for the long haul. You say get more advice as my claim is over 5k. Any ideas where I can get this from.

Nikki

N ELLIS