lexis200

wedding reception - thoughts please:)'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3615 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

'lo everyone

Trying to decide about my wedding reception.

We're getting married in Vegas next month (assuming it doesn't all go ti*s up again), but need to have a reception here as most family/friends will not be able to make it.

I have found a venue that is close, pretty, allows self-catering (it's a biggie that one as I need to keep costs down!) and is not bad price-wise at about £600 for the day. The one thing that's stopping me booking it now is that they don't allow parties beyond 11pm, and that seems pretty early to me.

We would likely have a blessing/civil ceremony (have to see about the legalities of that) at about 3/4 pm, then all the usual stuff afterwards.

I'm after advice from those that have been there and done that, either as guests or the wedding couple, about whether it could do with being a later chuck-out or if that's actually about right and ok.

All thoughts welcome:)

Lexis

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

No advice from me, but Congradulations8-)

If you Google the venue, type Complaints, see if it throws up anything.

Thanks rebel - 5th time lucky I hope!:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

One wedding I went to was a simple meal in a (cheapish) restaurant for immediate friends and family, and then on to a large public house that had it's own function room. The room was free as long as a certain amount of people turned up. This was all after a registry office.

One good idea that they done was gave every person (in the restaurant) a Lotto Lucky Dip as a gift. That cost them about £50.

Good luck on the day and afterwards Lexi:-D.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)