HELP needed with wonga.com

angelwingz1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i took a loan out with wonga.com, for a total of £400, i have made a payment plan with them as i couldnt afford to repay it, they have advised me if i dont stick to this payment plan then there going to take me to the cleaners basically for a total of £1,500 which i just dont have, i have called 5 times and was told they would call me back with no reply from them, i have an 8 month old child which i need to sort out first as she is my main priority and i will pay them £50 to pay off this loan, they are not helpful and refuse to help me out is there any way i can sort this out with out being taken to court.

They are unlikely to get that far, so STOP WORRYING. What you need to do is to get another bank account, Halifax, Metro Bank and the Co Op all do good basic accounts where you can have your salary paid into the account and make payments from it.

DO NOT give Wonga this bank account information, in fact do not give them any information, especially if they ask for an Income and Expenditure form - they are NOT entltled to the detalied information on the form in any case.

Keep emailing them as proof you are trying to stop the amounts escalating, then if they do try the court route you have proof positive that you offered a payment plan and were refused. They will send a very scary email telling you they are in contact with the Met Police and will report you for fraud, and will try to use bailiffs to collect from you - a bailiff CANNOT use bailiff powers when collecting on a civil debt which hasn't been to court....

Other people will be along soon with more advice and help.

thanks silly girl,

I have just got in contact with them and i have now arranged a payment plan with them for £61.50 a month till the debt is paid off in feb i am so happy its finally lifted a weight off my shoulders.

thanks for your adivce

You need to get this in writting.

Total amount payable and agreed payment dates.

confirmation that they will not add any further charges over the next 7 months.

£61.50 sept to feb is £369....?

Still lose your card,they will and have wiped out accounts after a agreement has been made:-x

would stay of the phone to them at all costs.

note that the arrangement is for £61.50 a month, more than you offered,have they pursuaded you that this is the only amount that they will except to stop further action?

get it in writting and only then pay...by standing order only.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Believe it or not I asked Wonga for a payment plan which they ignored and have left me with £2 for a month to live on and have taken money from my daughters account to pay my bill ! They had her details as she paid the interest last month ? They have left her with £3 - Can they do this ? I advsised both banks that I never authorised these transactions - Will the banks help