Stud Dog Owner wont reply to get KC paperwork signed

AgilityDgs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I am just hoping someone will have a reply for me before trying to get hold of a solicitor.

I have used a stud dog on my bitch & she now has had her litter but the stud dog owner wont reply to my emails to sign the Kennel Club Registrations (these couldn't be signed at the time of taking the semen as we had to wait for the girl to come into heat & I wouldn't expect anyome to sign forms in blank). The dog came over to the UK in March (semen was taken from him & frozen) but the dog / owner both live the the USA so small claims court cannot be used. I have gone to considerable expense to get this litter & have emails from the stud dog owner to confirm what was agreed (semen will be used on a certain bitch) but the emails do not say 'the litter can be registered'. I need to prove legal ownership of the semen that was taken somehow as this will allow me to register the pups without a signature from the breeder (as the other emails confirm therest of the details the Kennel Club needs) - any ideas please? or any suggestions on how I take her to court as I have no intention of letting this drop

I have no idea about this I'm afraid, but I tell you what - I have a very good friend who is a Dog Whisperer and a highly respected KC judge. I don't know if she will be able to advise, but I have cut and pasted this post and await her reply - fingers crossed and I'll let you know what she says.

Hello and welcome,

I've moved this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

And here is what my friend said. And believe me, just as horned dogs roll over and pray in front of her, she would get on a plane!

Hope this helps.

This story is all too common! Firstly, breeder MUST send an SAE with enclosed green form to Stud dog owner!

If she kept all her correspondance, the KC may contact breeder for her. Or might register them anyway.

Form should have been signed BEFORE mating! A golden rule!!

The Americans can be tardy with these things, as the other way round they can register pups from imported semen without signatures!

You CANNOT sue from one country to any others, as the judicial syatems are different!

If all else fails, I'd fly over there and get the signature in person!

Hope it helps

M xxx

• 9 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.