jeebeeb

BT upgrade charge

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3608 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just upgraded from BT Total broadband option 1 to BT Total broadband option 2. I have been charged £44.99 for equipment, with my bill stating because you left BT total within 12 months. Surely I have not left BT Total in upgrading to this package and I am still using the equipment. Has anybody else experienced this?

Hi Jeebeeb,

Have you read the full terms and conditions, have they got a clause stating that you have to be on option for a minimum of 12 months. It does sound stupid, because they are always inviting customers to upgrade.

If the contract has been upgraded then you have not left it but merely upgraded. If BT were forced to upgrade due to the amount of internet usage etc exceeding their terms and conditions for that option, I think they can charge you for any extra and ask for payment. I suggest emailing them to query the charges and ask for a breakdown of them while explaining that you didn't leave your contract but merely upgraded it.

I left BT because their £22 per month package direct debit kept creeping up throughout the year until it reached around £50 per month with the same usage of internet, same amount of phone calls and same option when I would contact them to argue and they would renew the contract starting at the lower price again - did this for five years before I got sick of it and changed providers.

Good luck with them.

I upgraded with Virgin some time ago but all that did was to start a new contract from the upgrade date not charge saying I had abandoned the old contract.

You want to keep on to them.