scatz1972

BT & SC GRAY Solicitiors

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3607 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, earlier this year I moved phone providers and between my normal quartly bill being received and my final bill I received a letter from SC Gray solicitors saying I owed BT blah blah and for me to contact them. I didnt contact them, but contacted BT instead and pointed out that I had moved providers and was waiting my final bill. They stated that they talk to SC Gray and would await my payment.

I paid my bill in full.

Yesterday I received a letter from SC Gray saying that there was still an outstanding amount of £20.60 to be paid. I contacted BT and they said that my balance was zero and for to contact the debt collection company, they also said that the £20.60 was probably the DCA's fees :-x

Can a DCA chase me for their fees and take me to court. What should I do?

Nope. You didn't use their services, neither did you instruct them. If they feel they have a debt to pursue, tell them to recover from the person who instructed them as you have no liability to them. Should they attempt to pursue you for this imagined debt. you will not only defend such action but take steps to protect your interests, and the costs for doing so will be recovered from them.

Two can play at that game.

Thankyou :smile:. I will send a recorded letter to them telling them just that.

Thanks again.