Confused1975

Pleading Guilty by Post - when do you hear of outcome?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3608 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everybody.

My brother had his hearing on Friday 10 September for fare evasion. He pleaded guilty by post (City of London Magistrates). He still has not heard from the Courts as to what the outcome of the hearing was (today's date being 19 September).

When is he likely to hear? The court would have made the decision on the day (is that correct). Is it just court office delays or should he be concerned.

He sent his papers registered post, and tried to speak to the clerk's office to check they had received his papers in time. The office was shortstaffed and the lady was unable to give him a confirmed answer, that she had received the papers. His royal mail tracking record does show that the papers were received and signed for, so he is hoping that means they definately had his paperwork.

Any advice anybody could give from their own experiences would be much appreciated.

Thank you

'Soon' is about as good an answer as you will get, 10th was a Friday, I think, so the paperwork will only have got to 'the office' on Monday.

He should expect post early this week.

Thanks for the prompt response. He will look out for it in the post:|. If its just general office delays then that is understandable, I guess not having a precedent of what happens after pleading by post means you don't know what to expect.

Thanks again.