• Tweets

• No I've not sent it. I'll hang fire until you advise me again. I understand everything you've said about Marquis, you've expressed my feelings exactly. I've been on forums, review sites and been blocked from posting on their Facebook site. I know that my claim is against them alone. I have no connection with Global insurance whatever, they provide GAP insurance/Asset protection which Marquis sells to customers, that's as much as I know about them. I kept the paperwork with the offer of insurance that I was given. This last reply from them has made me quite angry actually as I feel as if they are taking us for fools.   Thanks again for your help.l'll wait for your further advice before I do anything else.
    • That's great news, well done you.   HB
    • I thought I didn't until this year but it's painfully obvious that we definitely are NOT 'all in this together' and the rules are not simple at all.  Take for example the rule about table service, does this apply in places like MacDonalds where waiter service doesn't exist and it's OK to go up to the counter to order a takeaway?  According to a govt minister on the radio this morning it does - maybe/sort of/couldn't actually answer.  For those who can choose the Savoy Grill over such places it isn't an issue, for the vast majority it is and it's an example of how they don't think when making the law/rules/guidance.  It's all just the fault of the public for catching the disease if they dare to venture out - as they were told to do.
    • Heres the sort of justifications Handcock uses for his actions and blaming the victims of his failures:   "I've even heard stories of people saying 'I'm going on holiday next week therefore I'm going to go get a test'. No. That's not what the testing system is there for."   Not science, not even claims of personal experience, Nothing more than a claim of hearsay regarding a few people allegedly wanting to get tested before they go somewhere   - actually seems pretty responsible to me to want to be sure you aren't going to spread COVID - shame that Handcocks actually claimed test capacity is a vastly overstated pile of lies
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

HBOS, Benefits and Debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok, I can't really see many threads about banks and charges here, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I also don't want to hijack someone else's thread.

The story is, I had my benefits (ESA) terminated in June, after an appeal where they claimed I was lying about being ill. I'm not. I applied for DLA shortly after that seeing as the doctor and lawyer said I should, that was the correct benefit for me. That was turned down within a week and a half purely on the basis of my ESA appeal. Ever since then, I've had literally no income whatsoever, and am struggling greatly to find suitable employment for myself that I can actually cope with and do without exacerbating my condition, and therefore reducing the hours I can work.

I've cancelled all direct debits, so the problem will not get any worse, according to the bank. I'm 31 over my arranged overdraft limit. From July til a few weeks ago, I've been able to just about stay afloat as my partner has been able to give me money to pay in to get my bills paid. This kept me within my arranged overdraft and because I was put on the Ultimate Reward account back in January, again because of my financial difficulties, I should not, and have not to my knowledge incurred any charges whilst within my arranged overdraft.

So in theory the problem should not get any worse because I've cancelled all direct debits. But at the end of every month, there is a monthly fee for 12.50 that gets taken out. So the problem WILL get worse. According to the bank, I owe them 75 this month all from charges, and next month I'll owe them 225 all in charges. The only thing they could say to me is we are not freezing anything for you these are standard charges we have a right to take. It's not our problem you have no income, just pay the money in like a good little girl and sort it out. Just give us our money basically.

They want me to find money I have no access to (my partner had to stop giving me money for my bills because he's just had to take a hit in wages himself and can no longer afford to pay my bills as well as his) to pay into my account to bring it level. They basically want my partner to keep on blindly funding my account, even though the money is not there on his side either, and they have also been made aware of this several times. They say that is the only way they can help. They're just going to let the charges keep rolling on and threaten me for the money.

I don't know what to do, I've tried to sort it out with the bank and they're no use, I've called everyone that was taking money out of my account, they're all saying the same thing because I don't have an income they can't help I've just got to find a way to give them their money. I called a debt management company, they said they can't help me either until I have an income. With me being disabled it could be a very long time before I find a job, and any money my partner can pay in will be very few and far between. The debt management company I thought was very helpful, until they started saying they can only help me if I call with my partners full financial details and they can work out a way for him to pay my bills. They also sent me what I thought was going to be a very helpful information pack full of template letters and such, this is what I was told by them, all it is is a dead link that goes nowhere. The page does not exist. Seeing as they say they can't help me until I have an income anyway, I'm loathe to call them back.

I'm in a real bind, my debt is just getting worse and worse by the day as I desperately try and find work that isn't going to kill me or make me so bad I can no longer work at all. There's got to be something I can do to stop my debt piling up and up in the mean time surely? I don't want to wind up having to be in debt for the rest of my life because the DWP doesn't believe I'm disabled and doesn't want to talk to my doctor and get the evidence either...

Hiya.

If you haven't already then post the benefit side of you story in our benefits forum and I am sure youl will get welcomes there and peeps will try and help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?160-Benefits-Tax-Credits-and-Minimum-Wage

Now regarding your debt's, although it is not impertaive at the moment, if you and you partner share a household (live together) then his income is classed as joint income.

The debt's.

Stop talking to them on the phone, you need know to keep everything in wiriting.

What you need to do is write to each of your creditors about your situation and either ask for a freeze for x months or offer £1 per month until you start to receive some from of income.

Letter c in link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758

also you may consider opening a parachute account with another bank so if you do have monies going in then it willnot be taken by them first.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)