Can employer refuse compassion leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very interesting please direct when the said post is as I am now very curious to know where if the answer is similar to Sidewinder great replies here. Thanks for bring it to my attention and would like to see the link to the website with the post you mentioned on it please. That is if it is not to much trouble. :|

I am sorry I didn't have time to get back to you. Unfortunately, like some of your other MSE posts (including the one that you inaccurately posted on another thread here), it would appear that the relevant information has been deleted by the user, and I wouldn't want to post any of the three pages of information that you PM'd to me personally.

Shame that.

So how about this?

showthread.php?130761-Union-too-busy-to-take-to-me&highlight= ( I cannot post links to this site but putting this after ... forum/ will show the thread (posted February 2008 - )

Not exactly the same story that you told me/us, but suspiciously close, isn't it? Only one problem. It's from two and a half years ago. In other words, no matter what the rights and the wrongs of the situation may have been at the time, and it is by no means clear that your employer has done anything wrong at all, and in some cases the employer appears to have done things they really didn't have to, like change your hours so that you could go home at a time you wanted to - it is two and half years ago now and it is way out of time.

You seem tobe of the opinion that some people (like me) are "against you". That isn't the case. You had offers of help from me and others, who withdrew those offers after senseless attacks on us because you couldn't have your own way. But if you keep chaging the story and giving different versions people can't help you, and that help may not be what you want to hear anyway. Would Sidewinder, I wonder, have advised as they did if they knew that they were talking about an event that happened years ago. From what I have seen, I seriously doubt it, because their advice has been good on a number of threads, and I can see no reason why that would change. Anyone would tell you that this issue is done and dusted and too late to do anything about - even if there was anything to do anything about!

You think that people are against you - please understand that if your information is not accurate then you might get the advice that you want to hear, but it will be worse than useless.

So how about this?

showthread.php?130761-Union-too-busy-to-take-to-me&highlight= ( I cannot post links to this site but putting this after ... forum/ will show the thread (posted February 2008 - )

Here is the link just in case you have difficulty;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?130761-Union-too-busy-to-take-to-me&highlight=

No need to apologies for not getting back to me that is not a problem for me, you seem to have a Bee in your Bonnet. I would get rid of that Bee if I were you.

Talking about bees, I bet Honey Bee will be able to bring up the post that you are referring to from 1988. But this will be not relevant for me as it over two years ago and I am not sure why you have brought it up.

You keep talking about changing stories what you mean. People make posts here and are free to do so and get excellent replies especially from Sidewinder. Is that not the purpose of the site?

The reset of your post does not make sense to me. Sorry if that comes across as being thick to you, but there you go….

Sorry Honey Bee someone else has beaten you to it. :violin:

Talking about bees, I bet Honey Bee will be able to bring up the post that you are referring to from 1988.

No need for HoneyBee - did you miss my link?

Anyway here it is again from 2008 (not 1988 )

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?130761-Union-too-busy-to-take-to-me&highlight

But this will be not relevant for me as it over two years ago and I am not sure why you have brought it up.

Seems to be releavnt so I can see why SarEl brought it up. It mentions your compassionate leave and your injury.

What is going on here.

Nothing going on that I know of - what would be going on?

Only trying to fill in the missing parts of the question so you can get the best answer and are not being misguided.

I don't understand why that makes you angry. Surely you would want the best answers too?

Nothing going on that I know of - what would be going on?

Only trying to fill in the missing parts of the question so you can get the best answer and are not being misguided.

I don't understand why that makes you angry. Surely you would want the best answers too?

I am not angery whatsoever, and I already got the best answers from Sidewinder on here...:|

I am not angery whatsoever,

So you're not angry but you're leaving the site? I'm confused.:???:

and I already got the best answers from Sidewinder on here...:|

Ah now I get it - you don't really want the best answer based on all the facts. You want the "best" answer that fits what you want to hear - why didn't you tell us that? It would have saved time. :wink:

So you're not angry but you're leaving the site? I'm confused.:???:

Leaving the site because of poster that seem mad like you another poster

Ah now I get it - you don't really want the best answer based on all the facts. You want the "best" answer that fits what you want to hear - why didn't you tell us that? It would have saved time. :wink:

See what I mean, makes no sense. What do you mean 'best' answer that fits with what I want to hear, what you are you talking about. :???:

As said before leaving until you mad people go away.

Allwood, now I've read some of your historical posts on CAG that I hadn't realised have gone on since 2008, I have started to wonder if you keep asking questions it seems, until you get the answer you want. If I'm wrong, please tell us why you keep posting the same issues time after time here and on MSE.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Honey that was in Feb 2008 things change in that time and I do not know why I feel that I have to explain to you. It is not the same issues or the same union BTW.

Are you joining the mad clan also, it must be contagious, like a bad virus on computer:!:

Why do you think I'm mad please?

I've tried to help you many times over many months, far more than I'd realised until I looked back, and not just about employment. I don't understand why you keep starting threads on this forum and asking hypothetical questions. Does is all relate back to 2008? I'm seriously confused.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It is not the same issues or the same union BTW.

Perhaps you could explain what the issues are then?

Are you joining the mad clan also, it must be contagious, like a bad virus on computer:!:

Why do you keep referring to people who try to help you by obtaining the facts, as mad?

Now Now Ladies & Gents

This is getting a little tiresome and we are all by now aware that some posters will ask similar questions on several different sites. The risks of doing this have already been highlighted, but for the record I will repeat.

Any site, will invariably throw up a range of responses, which one can either accept, or discard. The more precise the question asked, the more relevant will be the response. It may not be what one particularly wants to hear, but it will help form an opinion. It serves no purpose to constantly move back and forth until one hears a voice of agreement and then use that to throw at another forum to tell them they are wrong. I note that my name has been used above as having given good advice - that doesn't necessarily make it the right advice, just my opinion based on what I have seen. I also note that the OP has been given equally good advice, both here and elsewhere by SarEl and others in response to what was asked of them at the time.

So, to Allwood, there has to come a time when you should take the concensus opinion of what you have been advised and run with it rather than ask the same question in a slightly different way, and to the others who have already made their points clearly enough for anybody to understand, let's just stop the name calling and let it be.

I will leave the thread open for now, but my finger is hovering. I don't want to have to go around closing threads, but let's keep it civil please :-)

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Voice of reason at last....cannot think what posters have been on to night even HB was getting out of control.

You can close the thread Sidewinder as I will not be using it any-more. I just hate it when a person answers a question with a question, which seems to be happening on here with a regular poster.

As you can see Poster including HB was going back years and saying that it is a current issue, which of course it is not, but whatever they were on they keep insisting that it was and I would not give them the correct facts, this apart from the post earlier above which does not make sense to me whatsoever. .. .....therefore I have come to the conclusion that I will not post any more on here for a while and it is not because I have not got the 'best' answers as you have already give them to me.

Sidewinder - fair enough.

Allwood - I wish you well. I just hope that your next question is not, "Can my employer dismiss me on capability grounds or would that be discrimination?" as i fear it might be heading that way.