Westcot artificial debt

Claitero
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, all. Hope I got the right place on the forum.

A couple months back I resigned my contract with O2 and asked them to switch number to pay&go. All went smoothly. Both sides ensured each other on the phone that the case is clear. No outstanding balances whatsoever.

Now I received letter from Westcot stating Final Notice requesting to pay £19.08 and threatening a door step collector etc. It's not a great sum of money but why should I pay.

The problem is my flat mate is freeking out :)

I had a very similar situation few years ago with bulldog broadband ang it all finished after ignoring them for 10 months or so.

The question is should I contact westcot or just ignore them? They send like 3 letters a week...

could be final months payment on your contract before you switched,

I don't understand why you re-signed a contract if you have switched to pay & go?

Have you spoke to o2? If they have comfirmed there is no outstanding balance, then just send the letter below to Westcrap.

Don't speak to them on the phone

A letter used when a debt collection agency contacts you about an unknown debt. Red script is editable

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully