Need advice on getting back nursery deposit

magenta456
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This is my first post here, although have read some of the threads before. I hope ive posted in the right place - apologies if I havent!

I paid a 4 week deposit when using a nursery for childcare 4 years ago. On the invoice it says the deposit is returnable on the day of leaving. We left almost a month ago, and ive yet to see anything of my deposit back. I know other parents who have had alot of trouble getting their deposits back also - keep being told cheque is in the post etc, so I did anticipate that It wouldnt be in the post straight away!

I can see lots of templates for landlord deposits but cant find anything I can use in this situation. Does anyone have any advice or a template that I could use?

Would love this money back before Christmas - it's a pretty big deposit!!

Thanks for any advice you can give.

magenta

Hi and welcome tp CAG

I think a simple Letter Before Action might have the desired result.

Keep it simple. State the facts and demand the refund or you will take them to court which will increase the amount owing as well as them being liable for the court costs

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Exactly as above. A letter asking for return of deposit in accordance with their terms. 28 days would be a normal time to expect a return, but as you have already waited a month, you should give them 14 days.

Do it by recorded delivery letter as that will make it more authorative.

If this is the first letter, I wouldn't threaten court in the first instance, but wait for a reply to see what that says and if no cheque is included, you should then send a 'Letter Before Action' and give them another 14 days saying that failure will result in a court summons being issued without further warning.

You can claim on line very simply and it will cost around £30 which you will claim back from them so you should also mention that court fees will increase the amount they will have to pay you.

• 2 weeks later...