Mrsfoot v HFC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story but here goes:

SARlink3.gif sent and received all paperwork from account of a loan we had with HFC. They did a thorough job with the SARlink3.gif...however, and im not the least bit surprised, they failed to provide any info in the SAR regarding the PPIlink3.gif lol

Prelim sent asking for app PPI rolling payments to be returned along with compound interestlink3.gif at 29.9%. They sent a response sayin no chance of any refund. Total of £12,000

Sent a further letter offering them another 14 days...and using the recent fine this co have received as a little carrot! They responded by sending a now standard ppi questionairre.

This was completed and returned! They have now offered £6,000 which equates to the PPI and 8% standard interest.

Bit of a quandry....do I accept, or argue for the interest which they charged us. After all if we only get 8% they have proffited from the mis-selling. They have NOT admitted any guilt and state that this is a gesture of goodwill!

Any comments are welcome!!

Entirely your decision MrsFoot.

Personally I would be chasing them for the compound interest they have been charging you.

I suspect they are hoping you will be gratful and accept their offer, but is your money and you are entitled to it.

Good luck

DJ

Hi.............have they put a time limitation on their £6000 offer,if not, you can write them that you will accept this partial payment and give them 21 days to re-calculate,but you must make it very clear this is only acceptance of a partial payment,should their offer of the balance not be forthcoming within the 21 day period OFT/FOS will be involved..............however as dj1971 states at the end of the day it is your decision.........................FS

£12K thats a mighty loan to have that amount of PPI on it...

do you have the original agreement still?

or do you know what you paid PCM PPI and from what dates to when?

if you have the agreement post it up..

another little tip:

if you have the agreement the FOS will make HFC cough without arguement.

they are VERY unhappy that they continue to 'wriggle' at every stage even when the claimant has all the evidence to prove it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks guys for the replies....always welcome and always fabulous advice

Yeah it was quite a big loan...stupidly taken...but we learn!

I have the agreement here..and I will try get the details on but dnt have a scanner so it may take me a while lol

I think I am going to write to them partially accepting the £6000 (they have given 14 days to accept) and I will give them a further 14 days to cough up the rest...i wont let them beat me. I took on Swift....against their Barrister and did ok....so hfc dont really worry me too much!

mobile phone or digital camera??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...