• Tweets

• Thank you all for your replies  I am obviuously over thinking things best to continue to ignore  onlymeagain  
    • As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.
    • I booked several rooms with FABHOTELS.COM - I have made sure the rooms were cancel able and due to the condition in India regarding Covid becoming very bad I cancelled the rooms and my visit to India and will not be travelling for the foreseeable future, I then checked my account and they have stated there can be no refund back to my card but I have to accept their room credits to the value of £478 valid for 12 months when they will then expire if I do not use them by that date, I have contacted them on several telephone numbers and via email, they have refused to issue a refund : stating it is their policy to issue only rooms credits and these will expire in 12 months, they have advised they have the right to do this under the contract and under Indian law, I have raised a SEC 75 claim, via the credit card company however they have not advised what the above means and stated it will take 11 weeks for a response, I am concerned that a refund has been provided and the cancellation has been approved as such as a refundable cancellation, albeit they have stated no refund to the credit card can be made. I have sent the following to them and their response has been - we are unable to assist further - I have now concern how they can do this when the law does not allow this to be possible? The issue that I have experienced was: Disgraceful behaviour by Fab hotels in holding cancelled bookings in an expiring account when cancelled fully - NO REFUND ISSUED? Please can you refund the full amount to my credit card as due to the Covid restrictions there is no guarantee I will be in India in next twenty four months I await your refund back to my with the Credit card Company as I am not able to use the Credits expiring in 12 Months, I have been in touch with the credit card Company and they have confirmed they will be looking to FabHotels to refund back to the Original card as part of the Sec 75 Laws where a cancellation has been made and the payment has to be refunded back to the Original payment card. I have not been able to confirm I will be using the credits and therefore in order to safeguard my funds these needs to be back into my, If this is not accepted then I reserve the right to take the matter further for a investigation and chargeback as I have not authorised the payment and the reservations have been cancelled. Please can this be escalated to a senior manager and a refund issued back to the Visa card. If this is the Customer experience I have to endure then I will make it quite clear that this i not acceptable that you take money and put it into a expiring account and then ask me to contact you to get the extension, this is not customer service, I am deeply distressed by your action as there are no other Booking agents who are doing this to their customers, especially considering the hotels have been accepted as cancelled and a refund issued but held in expiring account.
    • That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
jim1972

Marbles/HFC Bank - weird letter?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3606 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The postman just arrived, & in my stack of mail was a weird letter from Marbles. It goes like this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your letter dated 07 September 2010 regarding the credit agreement. I am sorry that you have found case for complain & I appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter to our attention.

At the moment we are unable to trace the reconstituted version of the executed agreement & are therefore not in a position to provide a copy at this time. However, we did provided a copy of the signed application form & current Ts & Cs. The signed agreement was made with HFC Bank Ltd & we can confirm that their procedure has always been to obtain the customer's signature to an agreement containing the prescribed terms before entering into a credit card agreement.

The regulations define what is required of a "copy". Whilst regulation 3 provides "every copy of an executed agreement... shal be a true copy". Regulation 3(2) (b) provides that a copy can omit any signature box, signature or date of signature. [?!?!?!]

Your account was charged off on t26 February 2010 & the current balance owing is £.

As we have been unable to provide the original Ts & Cs, we will not seek to enforce the agreement as defined by the case of McGuffick vs RBS. However, even if an agreement is unenforceable, the contract still has legal effect & is not void, the lender is merely prevented from seeking an enforcement order from the court.

I note from your letter you are also disputing liability for this account but have given no basis for this dispute. As we have provided a copy of the signed agreement & you have not disputed the fact you have had the benefit of the agreement, we do not see on what basis you as disputing the liability. We will continue with our normal collections & credit reference reporting activities.

I hope you understand my reasons for being unable to agree with your complaint. If, however, you still remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If you do wish to refer the matter, you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter.

Your faithfully,

Customer Relations

Can I get a comment or half-dozen on this please?

What a load of old crap. They cannot find a reconstituted agreement prats. That letter is not even worth a reply but keep it they admit they cannot find any signed agreement.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

This is what I thought; does it mean that my £ may be written off if they can't come up with the necessary paperwork?

It is very unlikely that your debt will be written off,the part of their letter states "being unable to produce a copy of the original signed agreement means it is not enforceable in court"is true ,however the debt will still remains.Did you CCA them and the letter you have on your 1st thread is their reply?????????,did you send letter"account in dispute"??????if not do this.The rest of their letter is K..........rap.If you have sent the account in dispute letter,if you so wish you do not have to pay anything,however you will get a black listing on your Credit File and the account will be passed to a DCA,which they must not do when the account is in dispute,if this happens there is a template letter on the Cag file to cover this situation,if you are unsure we can help you.......FS

That's a good letter to receive - I got a similar one many months ago. It effectively means that they have given up and it's one of the few banks that will almost (sort of) admit they don't have an enforceable agreement. I did eventually receive a copy of an application form that was so laughable that even they didn't have the gaul to suggest it was an agreement. They will go through the usual processes of asking for their money and defaulting you, but if that doesn't bother you then I'd not lose any sleep over it. I had a couple of additional too-and-fro's, mostly caused by me writing to them, and then no response. I've not had a single telephone call from them.

Even though my account was in dispute with them and they acknowledged there was a dispute - didn't stop them defaulting me either - I received a letter from a DCA about 5 months after my last correspondence with threats they couldn't carry out. A reply to them telling them to get lost, a complaint to them for what they said in their letter (with a grovelling apology in reply saying they were "acting in good faith" from the information supplied by their client) and a complaint to the OFT (why make it easy for them?) since they were under caution for the content of previous letters, and haven't heard anything for the last 2 months.

It's been almost a year since I last paid them and they don't seem to be in a hurry to do much about it. I've no doubt I'll hear from other DCA's over the next few years but I'm not worried as I know they have no enforceable agreement. If only they hadn't increased their interest rates by 40% in one year I'd still have been paying them, but thanks to this site and the excellent advice, I got a good education on the CCA, and the confidence to take back some control.

I think you're in a good place with them now.