Arnold Clark---Cold shoulder or pure ignorance?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3656 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Today, the LHO decided to go to Perth shopping for goods she couldn't get locally. Just on entering Perth i noticed a change in engine noise but no warning lights came on. Up with the bonnet and saw yet another component had fallen off, so being near to AC citroen went in and the gaffer came out to have a look. Fitted pipe back on OK???

Whilst there, i thought i would have a look at what XPICS they had left in stock. Opened car, lifted bonnet, spent quite a while looking round it and admiring all the scratches on this new car. NO salesmen came near!!!!

Salesman who sold me my present car saw me but kept his distance (idle at time). Eventually, went back into showroom and stood around like a spare p---k at w----s wedding for some considerable time----No Salesman appeared.!!!! Eventually, when LHO was becoming impatient, this guy appeared and i asked what todays price was for the XPIC. Away he went and much later returned with some cock and bull story about metalic paint ---but price of car was still just under £12,000. Trying to converse was like drawing teeth and he didn't even ask what if any was my trade in, so i just walked away. VERY FROSTY RECEPTION.

Incidentally, their marketing ploy was to have a brief description of XPICS along side of car, then prices from £9988- on bonnet---but that price is for petrol cars and this car was a diesel which is £2000 more---=-biggest price differential i have ever seen between petrol and diesel cars of same model!!!!

So, reckon I am not welcome at Arnold Clark, Perth Citroen. Their loss.

The only amazing thing about this thread is you expected anything else!

After the negativity, hate and vitriol you have directed towards AC on these very forums I'm surprised they even let you through the door.

As for their loss, if I was AC, which I'm not, I wouldn't want your custom.

Hammy :-)

(Stand-by for abusive reply)

42 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

Received a letter from Motability yesterday inviting me to re- join the fold. Also enclosed a leaflet with a few cars on it that they thought may be of interest to me. So today went to have a look at one -- guess where?( not ****roen). On entering the AC forecourt and spending a few minutes looking at the car, not one but two clones appeared. One left immediately i asked a technical question, the other "very nice" gentleman enthus iastically showed us all the features of this fine motor--until he found out it was a possible Motability sale!!

Each time i asked him a technical question he replied "This car has won great acolade in Which Car magazine". Not once was he able to answer any question vaguely technical about this product (list price just under £20,000). This only serves to demonstrate that lack of product knowledge within arnold clark's workforce is not only confined to citroen franchises. They expect the public to fork out £20,000 on a product, and yet can't tell then a damn thing about it!!!!

HIGHLY dependent on gullability me thinks.