equifax and orange

osborne82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there im after a little advice on the best way to remove a default that was issued by orange on the 17/07/2007 iv raised a online dispute via equifax stating that ive never recieved a letter from orange about the default and that the account was closed on good terms,

the online dispute was rased two weeks and things are going very slowly lol but the first reply i got was simply "Please call 07973100178 to resolve the outstanding balance on the account."

which i did but only to speak to a offshore indian woman who couldnt help as the account was closed in 2007

so i replied to the online dispute saying i had phoned but they couldnt help and that i require proof that the debt exists and also a copy of the DN as id never seen it at all

there reply to this

The invoice due for payment 31/01/07 was for £142.06, we received payment of £33.10 on 05/02/07 and a credit of £76.51 was applied to the account 17/02/07. This left an outstanding balance of £32.46 on the account which currently remains unpaid. As a customer you were bound by the terms and conditions of the contract into which you entered and are duly responsible for any debt and subsequent payment history recorded with credit reference agencies in relation to your Orange account. With regards to your issue raised regarding receiving no default notice. We are unable to provide you with this as your Orange contract is not a Consumer Credit Agreement, therefore we are not obliged to send you a default notice as stated under the Consumer Credit Act. However monthly invoices were sent to your home with the advice to pay your bill immediately and our records also confirm that further correspondence was sent to your home address in attempts to collect the outstanding debt, We received no response to this correspondence and the account was subsequently passed to a debt collection agency who also contacted you in an effort to collect the debt.

You can clear the outstanding amount by either calling our collections department on 07973 100178 to pay by Debit or Credit Card or alternatively you can send a cheque to our payment department at the below address:

Orange Payment Processing, PO Box 52, Sheffield, S98 1DX

iv never recieved any letters from orange OR a dca in regards to this £32 which i find strange

also on my credit file with equifax orange have marked my account as U Not Updated the month before the default was issued.

As this is a service agreement where do i stand any help and advice most welcomed

cheers

osborne82

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, telecoms agreements aren't regulated under the CCA so there's no required for them to issued a DN.

You say that the agreement was ended on good terms - could you provide more info about what exactly happened and when.

Also, have you checked your bank statements to see when the last payment was made in order to compare this with the defaulted amount.

In regard to the CRA referral Orange have an obligation to reply to them with their findings so if you've not heard anything from Equifax chase them up.

I'd also suggest writing to them at the address here http://www1.orange.co.uk/siteprivacy/Orange-Privacy-and-Cookie-Policy-for-mobile20100526.PDF under Questions about Personal data raising your concerns over this and demanding an investigation and reply.