co-op US v Fredricsons/Coop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A notice of assignment is one of the most important documents the Claimant needs to take court action in their own name and it not only needs to have been sent via recorded post but the original creditor must also have sent you a copy in order to discharge their obligations to the debt.

Cant find a NOA.

Should we be reporting this to the ICO? The Coop have given Fredriccsons info on our current account which has nothing to do with the loan account. Surely this is against the law?

• 2 months later...

I've got a week off work so going to catch up with everything. This debt was sold whilst in dispute. We resumed payments to the CO-OP when the FOS found in their favour. We pay by building society cheque twice a month to the CO-OP and these cheques have been cashed. We don't have a NOA. This debt shouldn't have been sold to Freds anyway? When we started to get pestered by them this Loan account was being investigated by the FOS. I wrote to Freds asking them to provide paperwork and they sent us bank statements etc from our current account with the COOP ! I dont think Freds should've had that information from the Coop. I'm just not sure what to do next.

Edited by phatram

• 2 weeks later...

Freds have returned this to COOP. We are paying 2 loan payments a month to them by building society cheque. These cheques have all been cashed by COOP , (one was put into our savings account). They have not acknowledged receipt of any of these cheques! We have now complained about COOP to the ICO for passing on our details about this loan and our (now closed by COOP) current account to Fredricsons.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi phat

Unforetunately the CO-OP is going down hill fast, they are making lots of admin errors, admin now takes second place to profit. I would just write to them and let them know that they are breaking the Data Protection Act, the documents could so easily have been sent to someone else.

Postggj is referring to the http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

My daughter has returned to Derby after graduating from Nottingham Uni and has rented a house with her fiance. They moved in on 5th of this month but she changed her address with the CO-op the week before. On 8th of this month MY credit card bill arrived at HER new address !

What a farce !

• dx100uk changed the title to co-op US v Fredricsons/Coop