Threatening calls from FPC about Vodafone matter

neo101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Most pay monthly service agreements in the telecoms industry are for minimum periods with the agreement only ending when the customer writes to their provider to cancel it.

In our case the earliest we're able to accept the required thirty days written notice is once the customer has entered into the penultimate month of their minimum contractual commitment with us.

I had a 2 year contract with Vodafone for mobile broadband, which expired November last year. I did write to the address I had on the bills to cancel the contract. Didn't think any more of it and cancelled the DD after a month. It wasn't until I checked my credit file last month that it was showing up for a debt of £122! When I called and questioned them about it, they said I had sent it to the wrong address and they had no record of it being cancelled. How can it be the wrong address if it was the only one that I had, am I supposed to be psychic as well! I now have a letter from FPC and am not happy about it. Especially as I only spoke to Vodafone last month!!! Hmmmp.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi martini682,

Thanks for making me aware of this matter.

To enable me to assist you further could you email me with the details of the account in question by following the contact information in our pinned thread here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems?

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK