Threatening calls from FPC about Vodafone matter

neo101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone offer advice please?

I have been harrassed by text and telephone by someone calling themselves FPC. They seem to use the numbers 01772378913 and 02031478372. They more or less phone everyday now, at all times of the day and evening, trying to get me to tell them my address for data protection reasons. They started saying it was over a personal matter and when I wouldn't give them my address, they said it was about a Vodaphone matter, but wouldn't say anymore, other than to threaten that when I receive their letter, I would be definitely calling them back to sort it out. It all sounds very menacing, but exactly for that reason, I want nothing to do with them. I did have a Vodaphone contract for mobile broadband which ran out about 6 months ago, and I have moved since I took out that contract. I have never received any letters from Vodafone at my new address, so maybe they think I owe them money but to date I have no indication of that from them. Even FPC wont tell me the specifics of what they are phoning me about. I would be grateful of any advice on how to proceed as I would like to know why FPC are hassling me on Vodafone's behalf. The simple thing would be to phone Vodafone, as I would discuss their problem with my account with them but I want nothing to do with FPC as they seem to flout the law in respect of telephone harassment.

Regards

Neo101

Hello and Welcome, neo101.

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, You say the contract ran out 6 months ago. Did you not cancel the contract?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Its Fredricksons, a **** bag debt collection company.

According to Vodafone Credit Control they DO NOT deal with this company and have received 100's of complaints about this company in the last few months. But this is absolute Bull S**t

They have used them before to collect debts not owed

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/consumer_affairs/article7100102.ece

I would certainly contact Vodafone to see if there is an outstanding balance from your broadband account.

Don't entertain speaking to Fredricksons on the phone, the are out and out phone thugs. Wait to see what their letter (if it arrives) shows up.

Edited by alfwithhair

Hi Silverfox1961

I didn't cancel the contract as I bought it in PC World and didn't have much contact with Vodafone, but after the 18 month contract was finished, I cancelled the standing order to Vodafone at my bank.

Regards

Neo101

Thought so.

Unfortunately, even though it was an 18 month contract, it is your responsibility to cancel the contract. It doesn't just run out.

Your best bet is to contact the Vodafone web team and see if they can help you. Just follow the instructions in the link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thought so.

Unfortunately, even though it was an 18 month contract, it is your responsibility to cancel the contract. It doesn't just run out.

Your best bet is to contact the Vodafone web team and see if they can help you. Just follow the instructions in the link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340

How does that work? Surely a contract can only run for the period originally agreed by both parties. Once that period is reached, then the contract ends?

I would be interested to know how one party could stipulate a term in a contract that so obviously attempts to extend a responsibility beyond the agreed expiry date onto the other party? And if this IS possible, it begs the question of what is the point of using a timescale as a term in a contract anyway, if that timescale can so easily be over-ruled by another part of the contract?

Hi Neo101,

Did you follow silverfox's advice at all?

If you have emailed us about your case could you update the thread with your email reference number which you would've received shortly after sending it and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Hi merlin100,

Most pay monthly service agreements in the telecoms industry are for minimum periods with the agreement only ending when the customer writes to their provider to cancel it.

In our case the earliest we're able to accept the required thirty days written notice is once the customer has entered into the penultimate month of their minimum contractual commitment with us.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

How does that work? Surely a contract can only run for the period originally agreed by both parties. Once that period is reached, then the contract ends?

I would be interested to know how one party could stipulate a term in a contract that so obviously attempts to extend a responsibility beyond the agreed expiry date onto the other party? And if this IS possible, it begs the question of what is the point of using a timescale as a term in a contract anyway, if that timescale can so easily be over-ruled by another part of the contract?

When you enter into a mobile phone contract, the important words are MINIMUM contract length. Once that contract has reached the minimum term then the contract can be cancelled but if you don't cancel it, the contract goes on.

Hi Lee

Have now sent email to you via the link from Siverfox. I got 2 calls yesterday from FPC and 1 the day before, all in working hours and not telling me the nature of the 'personal business matter with Vodafone'. Got a letter from them today, first one I have received, with no mention of Vodafone, no information or demand but telling me to contact them immediately on 08458396097 to discuss this matter, though no mention of what the matter is. Can you please tell me, or anyone on this forum please, whether I am within my rights to ignore them, due to the fact that they have harrassed me without explaination?

Regards

Neo101

Neo,

Can you go back to your email inbox and find the automated reply from Vodafone. It will have a reference number with it. Can you post up the number here so that Lee can find your email.

Thanks

That's great, thanks for that. Lee should be able to find you in their systems now

I continue to log the daily harrassment from FPC, who texted me this am at 08.21 to tell me to contact them urgently on 02031478372 about a personal matter, and a phone call at 20.13 this pm from FPC 01772378913. I am just ignoring them until Lee or somebody advises me differently. There seems to be conflicting opinion....does anyone know if Vodafone are complicit in FPC's harrassment behaviour?

Apologies if this is very common and you've heard it all before......

Neo101

Guest Cartaphilus

Very interesting to learn that FPC (Fredrickson's) have an office in Penwortham; something I wasn't aware of, but that town seems to be another den for DCAs to hang out in ... including Igor/Iqor. Filed away for future reference. ;)

This is a list of complaints resolved by Lee & the Vodafone webteam in the past few months, I think you'll find it self explanatory. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?259838-Vodafone-complaints-settled-by-VF-Webteam.&p=2930056&viewfull=1#post2930056

• Haha 1

This is a list of complaints resolved by Lee & the Vodafone webteam in the past few months, I think you'll find it self explanatory. ;)

Thanks Cerberusalert

That is a long list! I suppose DCAs like FPC are keeping Lee and his colleagues in a job. It would be good to think that as well as resoving these cases, the Vodafone team can do something about the DCAs that Vodafone employ. I had 2 calls yesterday and a text and a call already today. In a sense cases such as these serve Vodafone by publicising the nasty phone thug harassment that Vodafone will send your way if you neglect to end a contract or tell them when you move address.

I wonder if FPC will phone on Sunday.

Enjoy weekend

Neo101

Thanks Cerberusalert

That is a long list! I suppose DCAs like FPC are keeping Lee and his colleagues in a job. It would be good to think that as well as resoving these cases, the Vodafone team can do something about the DCAs that Vodafone employ. I had 2 calls yesterday and a text and a call already today. In a sense cases such as these serve Vodafone by publicising the nasty phone thug harassment that Vodafone will send your way if you neglect to end a contract or tell them when you move address.

I wonder if FPC will phone on Sunday.

Enjoy weekend

Neo101

Hi Neo101,

Although I haven't been able to track your account yet if you could come back to me with the additional information needed I'll try again.

Once I have located it I'll naturally request that action with the DCA is suspended while we investigate your case closer and as soon as we have an update I'll get back to you.

I have yet to chastise lee

he allways brings complaints to a resolution

he will get back to you

Thanks for support again here postggj.

Support like this always makes things on CAG easier for me and the rest of the team.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks for the acknowledgment here cerbs.

During my time on CAG I have been a few other Company Reps pop up and I hope that in time they're able to provide a similar level of service to that which we've provided so far.

Whilst I can give any rep at the moment I'll remember to do so as soon as I'm able to.

Take care,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK