BankFodder BankFodder

jamienev

Halifax_£28000 loan given while unemployed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi this is my first ever post on this site,please be gentle :)

My sister had a LARGE refund on mis-sold PPI due to this site so I thought I'd give it a go.

In August 2006 I was made redundant with a £12000 pay off from work, while living it up, the Halifax kept contacting me about the money in my account and offering appointments and advice, so my wife and I went to see them and during our advice meeting we got round to the talk of loans, we spoke of home improvements etc.etc and somehow we managed to walk out of the branch with a freshly signed loan for £28000 for home improvements. It wasn't a 'straight' loan, i believe £15000 was added as a 15 year mortgage and £13000 was a loan. What my question is should the Halifax have checked that I was actually in employment ie. Pay slips,contacting my employer etc.etc.?? Any advice would help me greatly

Ps I am in the process of writing for the original agreement,should be with me next week

Kind regards Jamie