DMP or Cash in endowements to clear debts, help needed!

gem-100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made redundant last October after 22 years with the same company, my problem is that I unfortunately got into difficulties with keeping up payments on credit cards I owe, as I only now have 65.00 a week jobseekers to live off, I have a mortgage and am in the fortunate position to have endowements that if cashed in would cover my current debts, they are due to finish over the next 3 years and I have found the terminal bonuses if finished today, would not be much more than around 3k, if I keep them going then I would be paying approx 5k over the term til finished, or do I take out a DMP and then suffer the payments for years to come?, I was hoping to be able to make a settlement offer to my creditors and maybe not cash in all the endowements, just enough to offer upto 25% of each debt, if this is the best solution for me, then how best to navigate this and get my creditors into a position to negotiate with me, I do not want to use up all my policies if I can really help it, as these were meant to help me pay the mortgage off, but this now seems like something I have to consider before I am pushed, I also have to make sure that I somehow can still afford to pay my mortgage, stress!!!!!!!!!, so have to leave enough to cover any longer that I may be out of work for, not easy, anyway any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.