DMP or Cash in endowements to clear debts, help needed!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3656 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was made redundant last October after 22 years with the same company, my problem is that I unfortunately got into difficulties with keeping up payments on credit cards I owe, as I only now have 65.00 a week jobseekers to live off, I have a mortgage and am in the fortunate position to have endowements that if cashed in would cover my current debts, they are due to finish over the next 3 years and I have found the terminal bonuses if finished today, would not be much more than around 3k, if I keep them going then I would be paying approx 5k over the term til finished, or do I take out a DMP and then suffer the payments for years to come?, I was hoping to be able to make a settlement offer to my creditors and maybe not cash in all the endowements, just enough to offer upto 25% of each debt, if this is the best solution for me, then how best to navigate this and get my creditors into a position to negotiate with me, I do not want to use up all my policies if I can really help it, as these were meant to help me pay the mortgage off, but this now seems like something I have to consider before I am pushed, I also have to make sure that I somehow can still afford to pay my mortgage, stress!!!!!!!!!, so have to leave enough to cover any longer that I may be out of work for, not easy, anyway any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.