SIP Parking Charge Notice when ticket fallen from dashboard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I have belately found this very interesting forum while trying to detrmine whether I should pay a recent parking ticket issued by SIP parking. Basically I purchased a pay and display ticket at a SIP enforced carpark and came back to my car to find a parking ticket (typical yellow sleeve with 'Parking Charge Notice, do not ignore, it is an offence for an unauthorised...etc'. It was issued while my ticket was still valid but had fallen on to the floor. I still have the original pay and display ticket.

Unfortunately I have already written an e-mail explaining what has happened (thereby admitting I was driving I guess) and asking for the ticket to be cancelled. I obviously got the standard reply saying photographic proof of no ticket - charge still stands. I did this before realising this was different to a LA or police ticket (looked so similar never realised there was a diffence!) and is in fact just a breach of contract (have I got that right) and has no legal implications.

Therefore where do I stand? Can I write back and say I did pay for a ticket and so did not breach the contract? Does anyone have any experience of dealing with SIP (manchester based company) and will they pursue this to court?

Any advice greatly apprciated. Happy to post the PCN and my initial correspondance if you think this will help?

Rotters

You will always get the same advice - ignore private companies. The statement "It is an offence..." is nonsense.

If they wanted to take you to court, they would presumably be looking at breach of contract - so they could hypothetically sue you for damages - ie what the breach cost them. You can work the rest out yourself. Suffice to say, they would be wasting their time.

Just ignore them. Charge is unenforceable.

You paid to park - end of.

Do Tesco slap tickets on people if they can't find the receipt for the milk they've just bought in their pocket?

Ignore them and they'll go away after they've sent you a few bits of junkmail.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently in the same situation. We actually live in an apartment opposite the car park and due to there be no available parking we have to park on SIP Car Parks everyday of the week. For the two weeks prior to receiving the ticket we had being trying to set up contract parking with themselves but had been passed around saying someone would call us back etc we would need to speak to the owner Raymond and they “think” he is on holiday at the moment. We basically rang everyday and kept getting excuses.

Due to us parking there everyday we bought one of the 5 day tickets and forgot to display the ticket on returning from work and received the PCN. We appealed against it and we got a reply after a month saying it is our responsibility to display the ticket and the charge still stood yet this has now been upped to £90 from £70. We have since set up the contract parking and they get a constant income from us yet still feel the need to charge us £90 for one mistake.

I was wondering how you got on with them?

Any advice would be greatful!