• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply. Yes the hob was bought Sept but not installed until early Dec, started showing faults almost immediately but because it was 'bought' over 30 days Curry's washed their hands of it. The hob cost £229.00 and I still have it here. Yesterday I sent an email to Alex Baldock CEO of Curry's and I received a reply almost immediately from his office who have passed it onto their 'Executive Resolution Team' who will investigate and respond to the matter in due course. The email sent was more or less the exact copy of the one that I posted here so we will now wait their investigation and I will let you know the outcome.
    • The shortage of semiconductors is continuing to have a major impact on industries around the world.View the full article
    • Hi CAG,   First time poster here.   I would like to start off by saying that I've read through various threads and it's quite heartwarming to see the level of attention and support you give to people dealing with often stressful and anxiety inducing circumstances. I'll certainly be making a donation as this is truly a valuable resource.   I've read several similar threads to my own situation but I thought I'd seek your advice.   I opened a letter just a few hours ago from London Collection and Compliance Centre which is dated 11th January 2022 for an amount totalling £870.68. I'll attach a copy below. I can't quite remember the date of the initial offence. For context, I boarded a bus (I believe in 2018) and unbeknownst to me, my contactless card did not register correctly on the reader. I had my headphones in with music playing and was sat for my journey and then was approached by a ticket inspector who informed me that I did not tap and therefore was unable to provide proof of a valid ticket. Despite explaining the circumstances, I was asked for my details which I provided in full. I was honest and forthcoming with the ticket inspector but I wasn't aware this would amount to a fine as I was provided with a printed pass for the remainder of my journey. I accept liability for not being able to provide proof of a valid ticket and do not wish to dispute this regardless of intent.    I'm not entirely sure why I didn't pay the fine upon receipt of TfL's initial correspondence but I'm a long time sufferer of anxiety and depression which at times is so debilitating that I'm unable to make the best decisions or carry out simple actions. Some of which would mean I wouldn't need to make this post. I struggled financially at the time of receiving this letter and further correspondence which placed I did not deal with correctly because of the mental state I was in. I struggled to cope with and stupidly I neglected my responsibility and buried my head in the sand. I made an error in judgement that I wholeheartedly regret.   As of writing (early hours of 26th January 2022), the 10 working days given in the 'Further steps notice' has elapsed (25th January 2022). I rarely receive mail and therefore I don't regularly check my mailbox. However, I decided to take a look today as I suspected I missed a Royal Mail delivery. I intend on calling the number on the letter at the earliest appropriate time in the morning and dealing with this matter. I'm desperate to right my previous wrongs as I've worked hard to deal with my anxiety by beginning therapy. However, like many others in this thread, I'm worried about the prospect of having a criminal record. I'm 26 years only and I don't have any previous convictions nor have I had any trouble with the law. I have a real love for the service TfL provides and I'm capable of listing off an endless stream of related trivia. I have no previous run ins with TfL and regularly travel on the network and pay the correct, full fare each time.    I'm worried about how this will affect my future in regards to employment and my intention of naturalising as a British citizen (I've been in the UK for 20 years now).   I'll note my primary questions below and would truly appreciate your advice.   a) If I get in contact with the number on the letter as soon as possible, will that be too late despite the close proximity to the deadline?   b) What would be the best potential approach to resolving this issue? (I'm unable to pay the amount in as a lump sum.)   c) If I were successful in arranging a payment plan/somehow paying the amount in full, how would that affect the court proceedings? Would this still result in a criminal record?   d) I've seen other threads which mention OOC settlements with TfL, would this be an option despite receipt of a 'Further steps notice' letter?   e) Should I end up in court or have the opportunity to speak to someone over the phone - will I be able to explain my circumstance and plead for leniency?   f) What other general steps would you suggest I take at this stage to mitigate the consequences?   Apologies for this post being so long, I wanted to include as much relevant detail as possible and I'm more than happy to provide any that's missing. I don't want to make excuses for myself. I completely accept I'm in the wrong for allowing things to get to this stage, despite the difficulty I had with my mental state but I want to do right by myself and deal with this. I'll post regular updates and be sure to include a conclusion once I deal with the matter regardless of the outcome.   Thank you in advance for looking at this post, I really do appreciate what you do.   IMG_2609.pdf
    • The worrying aspect is that they could well run away ... then a few months down the line, knowing full well you'd moved, sue you at your old address, knowing you would lose by default.  Therefore I suggest sending the above letter off on Thursday if the other regulars don't disagree, then on Saturday another one to just UKPM     Dear UK Car Park Management Limited,   re: PCN no.XXXXX   please note that I no longer live at XXXXX but that my new address is XXXXX.   Yours,
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

volks23 v Welcome Finance PPI

volks23

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have been reading various posts and stickies regarding the process of claiming back PPI and now feel somewhat over whelmed and not sure where to start the ball rolling. I had two accounts with Welcome Finance one a loan and the other was car finance.

I have looked over all the paperwork regarding figures paid and Im not sure now what I am intitled to claim back

Car Finance Account:

The orignal sum for credit is £6000 with all associated charges etc the total sum is £9844.24 (APR 28.4%)

The Insurance sums are £2013.06 finance charge of £1127.10 total of £3140.16 (APR 26.5%) over 48 mths

The total monthly payment was £265.30 although the sum for insurance was £65.42 with the first payment in May 2003 and I guess ending in Sep 2007.

Loan

The orignal sum for credit was £1000 (APR 47.90%)

The insurance sums are £561.19 (APR 42.6% i think) over 36 mths

The total monthly payment was £74.94 with the first payment on Sept 2006. I have no idea what propotion of the monthly payment was for insurance.

How does the calculations work regarding the dates for claiming interest and what are the differences between compound and statutory interest. I have had no joy with being able to download the calculators mentioned in the stickies.

I am hoping to fire off a letter sometime over the weekend so any help with working out what I can claim back would be most appreciated.

Thanks

volks23

Progress

Barclays/Woolwich Claim 1

Pre Lim letter sent 15/12/06

LBA sent 29/12/06

N1 filed 25/1/07

Acknoledgement received 15/2/07

Defence filed 26/2/07

Amendment submitted on 5/3/07

AQ submitted on 15/3/07

Hearing Date 13/07/07 friday

Offer received on 07/07/07

Settled in Full on 09/07/07

Barclays/Woolwich Claim 2 (Pre 6 Years)

Pre Lim Letter sent13/07/07

Response Received

LBA sent 24/07/07

Response Received

N1 Filed (07/08/07)

NatWest Claim 1&2 (Pre 6 Years)

S.A.R sent 11/07/07

Statements received 04/08/07

LBA sent 04/08/07

Associates CC

S.A.R sent 13/07/07 - Awaiting their response

Capital One CC

Working out charges

the easy way i would do it would be

take the cost of the insurance crap say £1000

then work out how many months its over, you will need the statement of price for that

then do it at the contractual interest on the agreement, not 8 %

that works if you have had no arrears

remember welcome front load interest/charges

if you have arrears

just do the cost of the insurance with the contractual apr

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your reply am still not sure what you mean. I had intended to send this claim off but have been reading other posts on claiming back PPI. I have also finally managed to download the simple calculator but again (think I am having a thick month as not sure if my interpretation of the figures is correct I am really to claim back 10,986.76 for a 3140.16 policy? seems a bit excessive (spreedsheet detail below)

Loan Amount £ 9,844.24

PPI Premium £ 3,140.16 (A )

Total payable with PPI and Interest £ 12,734.40

Annual Int.% 23.76

Apr% 26.5

Annual PPI Int. £ 746.10

Monthly Int.% 1.980

Total PPI Int. £ 2,984.41

No. of Payments 48

No. of Years 4

Actual Costs (So far)

Monthly Payment £ 265.30

Monthly PPI Int. £ 65.42

No. of Months Paid to Date 48

Statutory Contractual

Total Paid £ 6,280.32

Total Interest £ 3,235.86 / £ 4,706.44

Total Refund Required £ 9,516.18 OR £ 10,986.76

Date Calculated:29/09/2010

Progress

LBA sent 29/12/06

N1 filed 25/1/07

Defence filed 26/2/07

AQ submitted on 15/3/07

Response Received

LBA sent 24/07/07

Response Received

N1 Filed (07/08/07)

S.A.R sent 11/07/07

LBA sent 04/08/07

Associates CC

Capital One CC

Working out charges

Volks,

According to my calculations and in line with the FOS guidelines your claim for the Car finance should be:

PPI: £2013.06

Compound interest: £1127.10

8% on monthly repayments: £1348.90

8% on balance since settlement:£860.32

Total claim = £5,349.38

For the loan:

PPI: £561.19

Compound interest: £441.66

8% on monthly repayments: £203.60

8% on balance since settlement: £87.26

Total claim = £1293.71

For the purpose of these calculations, I have used the 30th of each month as the payment dates and calculated up until todays date on the interest.

Now go get your money back.

DJ1971

Many thanks for your help with working out these claims. I will update my letter and aim to post today. Just been reading another post and it mentions that welcome have ceased trading. Having a quick look on the web it appears that they are no longer accepting requests for new loans but are still trading to exisiting customers only. As I have finished paying on both policies this techinically means that I am no longer an existing custmers is this likely to impact on the outcome of me being able to claim my money back?

Anyway I will post the letter asking for afore mentioned sums to be returned and see what happens.

Progress

LBA sent 29/12/06

N1 filed 25/1/07

Defence filed 26/2/07

AQ submitted on 15/3/07

Response Received

LBA sent 24/07/07

Response Received

N1 Filed (07/08/07)

S.A.R sent 11/07/07

LBA sent 04/08/07

Associates CC

Capital One CC

Working out charges

just had another thought should I be sending off a SAR if I have all the orignal documentation?

Progress

LBA sent 29/12/06

N1 filed 25/1/07

Defence filed 26/2/07

AQ submitted on 15/3/07