Secured OD on failed business - can't afford to it pay back!

Guest stenik01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest stenik01

Hi All.

My business (LTD) failed last year and I am left resposible for the OD offered to the business by the bank.

I signed a letter of guarantor for the OD but I am not in a position to pay it back. I had a temporary arrangement (now finished) to pay a nominal fee per month, as I had been unemployeed for a time. I am now in employment but with a large mortgage, and with no equity on the house, I have very little cash available from our monthly budget to repay.The bank are now putting the squeeze on me for the repayment.

Q. Can I get out of it?

Q. If not, what options are available to me to reduce the total amount and freeze interests etc?

Thanks in advance of any advice.

You cannot 'get out of it'.

I would look at what you can afford to pay and just start paying them that. You do not have to wait for them to agree to the amount. If this does go to court the Judge will see you are trying your best to pay back the money. Don't overstretch yourself by paying more a month than you can resonably afford. If you just stop paying anything it will look bad on you.