Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • My job I've been in for 8 years, my contract is to give a week's notice.   I have 10 days holiday coming up starting next week. If I message the boss 3 days into that holiday and tell him I'm not coming back can it be used as 7 days notice (ie a week). I have a lot of holiday entitlement left this year about 70 hours.   So 2 questions please without judgement just facts:   1. If I phone boss three days into my 10 day holiday next week to formally tell him I'm quitting is that legal? 2. Can they get out of paying me my 70hrs holiday entitlement if I take that route?   (Massive global company not one man and his dog operation, if it affects the advice)  
    • Hi everyone. We purchased a new bed from dreams 26/12/2017 which was delivered 01/02/2018.  We also purchased their delivery, assembly, take the old one away, tv, mattress, mattress protector, pillows and their 'bed cover' 8 years extended warranty.  We paid by 30 monthly interest free instalments and so just made the final payment.   It is a heavy duty king size lift up storage bed with a built in tv at the end.  It has always been a struggle to lift, my wife cannot do it on her own and it rarely stays up by itself.   At the beginning of this year, we noticed it had started to dip considerably in the middle.  Not the mattress, but the wooden base the mattress is on.  So on 09/02/2020 I emailed them about the issue.  They started by saying the mattress is not covered only the base, until I pointed out it is the base at fault not the mattress.  So they sent out Homeserve on the 25/02/2020 to come and repair.  He did what he called a temporary repair, said that the bed had failed due to a manufacturing or design fault (the metal bolts holding the wooden base to the lift up supports have pulled out of the wood) and that dreams would be in touch to arrange a replacement.  His temporary repair barely lasted a day, the bed was still dipping and he took plenty of photos for himself but seemed in a mad rush to leave.   Of course they didn't contact us, so on 30/03/2020 I emailed them back.  01/04/2020 they emailed back confirming in writing that it is a manufacturing fault and their sales team would contact me, however as expected due to Covid-19 this may take a while.   30/06/2020 I asked for an update.  03/07/2020 they replied saying their claims department would contact me within 5 working days.  They didn't. 15/07/2020 I emailed back asking them to escalate my complaint as well as providing a refund and compensation as we are now struggling to sleep and experiencing back ache due to the bed's extreme dipping, plus I am worried about the mattress getting damaged. 23/07/2020 They replied saying we are not entitled to a refund as it is a guarantee claim and they have passed it once again this time to their guarantee company to contact us. I have still not heard back.   This is now getting beyond a joke and I wanted some guidance on how I should proceed.  We are struggling to sleep in the bed and cannot now even open the bed to access our belongings inside as as soon as you try and lift you hear the sound of breaking wood.   Many thanks  
    • bit obv really... don't eat yellow snow either.   dx  
    • I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

Citigroup - not obliged to give me my credit agreement??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,


so i have been following the trend in asking all my credit cards for a true copy of my cca.... most of them have been fantastic in sending me the info even one MBNA giving me my £1 cheque back and supplying the documents anyway... thanks! (after thousands of £ interest i give them)


Anyway, i done the same to my Citicard - i sent the 1st request and they took forever to reply, when they did the response was a load of crap, so i sent them a second request thanks to a member on here supplying me with the template, they came back with the same answer (to keep it brief ill pick out the more important part):


1. A copy of the original terms and conditions of your agreement, including the original interest rates, applicable at the time of your application.


This copy agreement does not include the signature box, signature or date of signature as in accordance with Regulation 3(2)(b)(ii) of Consumer Credit (Cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983; we are not required to provide them.


What the hell is that parapraph about?? This is after 2 letters sent and now they say they will not help further as an adequate response has been given twice.


Any help as soon as possible would be fantastic,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help with your request, but could you send me the second letter template, I've been looking for it all morning without luck.

thanks :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Citi that has the original credit agreement


that will be the day


a creditor can send a reconstructed agreement to comply with your cca request but to enforce


they need the original


if they had the original, why send a reconstructed agreement

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys, thanks for your replies.


so, even after my 2nd letter asking them for the true copy and them saying they do not have to give it to me but only give me a load of paperwork that says the terms and conditions but nothing i have signed for then shall i put my complaint forward to the FOS?


i will continue to pay as i am worried about my credit history....2 letters asking them for the CCA should be enough.


Is this going to be a tough fight? lol! or is that a silly question.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

no agreement means the creditor cant enforce


but the debt still exsists

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I would send them a copy of this or include it as part of your letter as above.


Dear Sirs,


Thank you for your letter dated nn/nn/nnnn.

You have chosen to respond to my CCA request by providing a reconstituted agreement. While this may satisfy a CCA request, it is not enforceable in a court of law.


I now request you to confirm that you actually hold a copy of the original signed agreement. If you do not hold an agreement, then I require you to confirm this, or if you do hold the original signed Agreement then I would ask for you to advise me in what form.


I can think of no valid reason why you should provide a reconstituted version when you could have simply photocopied the original-if it exists.


I would remind you that the OFT state that creditors should not imply or state that an enforceable agreement exists if that is not the case.


I look forward to receiving your response within 14 days if I do not I will then consider the alleged debt to be unenforceable at that time.



cannot find it A to Z





Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295


MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court


Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs


Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.


JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, if they cant enforce is and the debt still exists - does this mean it cant be wiped off but we come to an agreement?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try the fos but the words "chocolate teapot" come to mind


When I complained about exactly the same thing, all the fos managed to get me were the T's&C's NO agreement, nothing.


As for getting anything else out of Citi. You will be very old when that happens.


They even sent me a letter saying that as my debt was with a DCA, they had no obligation to supply the agreement as the account was closed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

dpick, we posted at the same time so this reply is to you.


Thank you for that - i shall be posting that to them today!


Ill keep you posted... but i doubt their response will be helpful.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, Just to bump this up with an update.


I have asked and asked and asked for them to supply me with my actual credit agreement - they keep on sending me the same letter as they sent previously with the same terms and conditions of my agreement, nothing else. How the hell can this be legal!??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

because the law says that it's legal and the courts have also said that it's legal


Another approach would be to send a notice under section 10 Data Protection Act and then take them to court when they - invariably - fail to respond.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...