Forum database error

Guest Cartaphilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

I've had this message for the last hour when I have tried to view the forum on my computer. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem as I can see posts up until the time of this thread. Thing is I can view the forum on my phonr but I'd really like to view it and use it via my PC. I get the same message on IE and FF, and both are current upgrades. Didn't know where to post on this. Is it just me having this problem, I've not logged in since Monday.

Guest Cartaphilus

That's what I thought, so now it'd worrying me even more. Not doing anything except searching consumer action group, then clicking on the consumer forumd link as usual then get database error message on screen. Bit worrying.

Guest Cartaphilus

The message appears also when I try to use any links to the forum from the main website page. Yet it's working on my phone.

I have just used the search myself and no problems.

Do you have up to date anti virus and anti spyware installed - it may be worth giving them a run to check system.

Have you tried a reboot? obvious i know - but oft forgotten.

Edited by dadofholly
extra info

Guest Cartaphilus

Everything's up to date. I have rebooted the pc to try and clear anything, even cleared the IP cache out. Before when I tried it on my phone I got the same error message then it was working again after a while but only on the phone.

Guest Cartaphilus

Right, well that was a peculiar problem in that it's never happened before. All is well now, after clearing the privacy cache as suggested by Michael, which I would normally have done initially but didn't. Seems to have cleared it. So am now posting from PC. So, everything's working now. But for a few moments there was very worried. The phone's okay for viewing but not pasting letters and fiddly at times. I would put a tossing eye smiley here as I feel silly now after panicking but it was on my phone as well as PC but then the phone righted itself but the PC didn't. But both use Google as search engines.

If I get an error on here, I check to see if it's global on my phone you see, to give an indication whether it's a site problem or confined to my machine.

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, I feel that way about my phone sometimes, when it doesn't work properly. But, then, I think it's a £300 plus phnone so if I break it no phone but sometimes. :D

I promise. ;)

Next time it happens I will try and get a screenshot of the message, though.

There was a problem earlier connected with Google. I can't remember the error message (4040 ?)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, I wondered if there'd been any other problems. Didn't get an error code, just the database error then below hit back or refresh on your browser, link to the main site www.consumer ... etc ... It looked a bit unusual without the error code but's okay now. I ran a check on the PC to locate anything, couldn't find anything, though.

Huggy41 was logged in and all was well, but I was getting the data base error for about an hour. Huggy41 then logged out to show me I was blonde and doing it wrong!!! then he couldn't get back in. Might have been a site overload due to the article in the Daily Mail as the site had a good plug :-)

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR