mata

Is this Invalid Default Notice?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3610 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I asked for the CCA of the MBNA CC never recieved one for almost 11 months now. MBNA sent me a letter dated 22/09/09 about the default notice to be placed on my credit file. But the date the default entered on my file is 30/09/09.

Also MBNA now have sold the debt to DCA.

Can please anyone tell me what to do now?

Thanks.

Ok, what is your aim?

If its to hold off the DCA I'll move this to the MBNA thread as its more suited to that forum where others who have been passed to the same DCA will give advice.

If its to fight the default on your record then you could either make a complaint to the ICO or take them to court citing the fact they didnt give you enough time to rememdy the default notice prior to marking your credit file.

Personally tho I think a judge will look at it and say you havent really been prejudiced in anyway as you didnt comply with the default notice and therefore you would have had the default put on at some point... just my opinion tho.

You need to be aware that following Mcguffick vs RBS and Carey vs HSBC basically a creditor can carry on marking your credit file and asking for monies even if in default of replying to a s78 request. The only thing they cant do is obtain a judgement in court.

S.

Edited by the_shadow

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

post up the letter

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.