Jump to content

Unable to settle CCJ as company im paying as closed


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hello everyone, my 1st post here!


i had a personal CCJ registered against me back in 2009, which was a minimal monthly payment. (in england). i arranged to up the amount once i'd finished up all my legal responsibilities to close my old company (was a ltd company) and get everyone paid. obviously this company paid my wages, so a new income had to come in before i could up the payment.


as i say, its a personal CCJ, (ie. not registered to the old ltd company)


6 months ago the company i was paying the CCJ to went under, and payments have been returning to me. plus now, i am in a position to up the payments to get this CCJ settled. but as they no longer exist, its not possible!!


are there any options for me here? do i just put up and shut up? or can i get this CCJ removed? set aside? i am trying to pay this amount off (i've kept all the returned amounts) but obviously im stuck!


anyone been in this position? and knows a way forward?

Edited by ABuddy
spelling mistake in title
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

back trying to figure this out, the CCCS say i should use a N245, but how can i settle it if the company im trying to pay dont exist?

the company i want to pay didnt actually go under. the owner retired, and it was a ltd company liquidated via a CVL. and is no longer active. because they've retired, there are no-where for the assets to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could ring the court where the CCJ was issued and ask what to do about making payments.


Alternatively, you could wait and see if the Claimant makes contact regarding missing payments.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums



This site is run solely on donations


My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

sweet, i'll try the courts when they open tommorow!

i've been trying to contact them. but the building they had is now empty. and the post just seems to go there and stay on the floor. i dont seem to get any response from sending to their different registered address on companies house either. so hopefully the courts can shed some light

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...