style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can someone please help me.

I have gotten myself into a bit of trouble with my rent ,

I am in arrears of £1400, my monthly rent agreement is £470. So thats about 3 months rent i owe my landlord.

First it was a hiccup with the housing benefit i recieve, i sent the form off without the landlords signiture by accident, so had to wait a further 2 weeks for that to settle.

By the time it did, my landlord rang and i said i could put the money in his account the next day, however, that night, a family member passed away, so i had to pack up and travel to my familys town an hour away, then needed to help with a few funeral expences, then it all spiralled from there, within the 2 weeks i was away , bills , standing orders & direct debits all came out of my account around the same time, so the money i did have to give my landlord wasnt there anymore, i acknowlegde it was my own fault , i should have kept ontop of my finances before all this happned, but my head just wasnt in the right place at the time to deal with any of it. i did become a little depressed. I also have a 2 year old to consider.

To top it all off , my father is my guarentaur, and the landlord has been on his case, i wouldnt mind, but my father is very funny when it comes to things like this, he has already had the biggest row at me over this, and i am scared to come clean that i just dont have the money. im too scared to tell anyone. more so that i would seem an unfit parent financially.

I am usually good with money, but admit to letting things slide recently. iv considered getting a loan, but know i cant pay it back, so im at a lost end now. im too frightned to confront the situation with both my landlord and my father. could anyone give me any advice that could help me get out of this mess and make things right?

thanks in advance

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'm confused as to what you are asking if I'm honest.

Has the landlord written to you or given formal eviction notice due to this at all?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I think that technically you are at risk of eviction if you are two months' rent in arrears, so you need to at least start paying 470 per month (to give your landlord some assurance) and try and find some money to catch up. Surely if it is a family issue that caused it you could hope for some sympathy from your dad.