stewpots

Whats a good bank with an IVA in place

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3612 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Two months into an IVA I have been told by First Direct after 19yrs to buggar off

I have been given 2 months to find a new account.

That’s despite never having any financial problem with first direct.

They mention HSBC who I believe have offer a basic account

The stupid thing is I am just starting to get back on my feet (was out of work for a year) and this happens

I assume I have 5yrs + now without chip and pin, have to pay cash everywhere including Petrol etc. No internet purchases

Any recommendations ?.

Been in regular employment 10 months even have some regular consultancy work going into my account

I appreciate I wasn’t going to have any overdraft facilties etc but this wasn’t expected

How did they find out? (I pay my IVA by direct debit via this bank)

that links to 'just go find' ?.

Will I not be able pay for petrol with chip and pin etc

Should I take it lying down

19yrs ffks

Hi stewpots

Sorry, misread you to mean you'd been 5 years without chip and pin.

I tried to a open a basic account recently and banks make you jump through hoops, had to attend interview with passport, income & expenditure etc!

Eventually I opened one with a building society on-line with which I had an old savings account - so they had my ID. You can try this but they will do a check for CCJs.

When I researched this Yorkshire Bank came out best, but as i say they wanted an interview.

Hope this helps

vic