• Tweets

• Iv not had a phone mine went off ,so not ad chance borrow one im just trying get my passwords reset.
    • hi sorry about that i never no were to post 
    • Okay I was just checking that the parcel hadn't been sent by a retail supplier in which case it might have been easier to get them to take responsibility. As usual, Hermes and Packlink are playing piggy in the middle and of course, you are Piggy. You should certainly make a claim against Packlink and against Hermes. However, they will both knock you back, of course. You could then sue Packlink or you could then sue Hermes of course Packlink are in Spain which is why it is a mistake to use Packlink for anything because they are outside the jurisdiction. Assuming that you want to proceed to take legal action then you will have to sue Hermes – who will try to say that you have no contract with them in your contract is with Packlink. What Hermes won't tell you though is that under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act you enjoy full legal rights against Hermes as if you were a direct contracting partner. Additionally, it is Hermes that have been negligent and so if you bring a legal action then you will allege breach of contract as well as negligence. For a claim of this value – £150 – Hermes will at the very least force you to begin a small claim in the County Court by issuing the court papers. They are then quite likely to push you to a hearing but opt for mediation en route. At mediation they will try to say that the contract is with Packlink. They will then back down and make you an offer which will be less than you are claiming – but if you stand your ground then they will eventually agree to pay you everything including the cost of your claim. Of course there is always a risk of losing – but it's extremely unlikely. This is particularly because for this kind of money, Hermes would rather not risk going to court and getting a judgement which makes it clear that you have third party rights and also that it is unfair for them to try and escape liability for these kinds of breach of contract and this kind of negligence. So the advice is, continue your claim against Packlink. Continue your claim against Hermes. When you get confirmation that they are declining responsibility, send Hermes a 14 day letter of claim and then on day 15 issue the papers. Read around this forum about other Hermes stories and also the steps involved in beginning a small claim in the County Court. We will help you all the way.
    • Shares in the betting giant jump by a third after it says it has received two rival bid approaches. View the full article
    • Can I attempt to clarify what I think is a point of confusion between the OP and dx100?   What I think the OP is referring to is the general right to cancel a distance purchase within 14 days.  When the purchase is made, the vendor is obliged to provide certain information to the purchaser about their right to cancel in a durable medium.  An email or a piece of paper is a durable medium, but 'phone calls or links within websites (or links sent by email) are not.  If the vendor does not provide the required information in a durable medium, the usual 14 day cancellation period is extended up to a maximum of one year and 14 days.   My understanding is that one of the pieces of information that the vendor is required to provide in a durable medium is that the purchaser  will be reponsible for return costs if they cancel the order, and if a return by "normal" postage is not possible, the vendor needs to state what the return costs will be.   I think what the OP is trying to do here is to argue that they want to cancel the purchase and that because the vendor did not explain about their cancelation rights in a durable medium then, (i) the cancelation period is extended up to a maximum of 379 days, and (ii) the vendor is responsible for paying the return costs.   Anton2244 - is that what you are trying to argue?   Whether my understanding of this aspect of the "distance selling regulations" is correct and whether they apply in this case I won't comment.  Nor will I comment on whether this is the best approach for Anton2244 to take as he also seems to be under the mistaken impression that because no cancelation informatoin was given in a durable medium then "no contract" can exist...    
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Furbix -v- David Lloyd Gym re Cancellation.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Been with David Lloyd 4 years, moved from the area recently and gave them one months written notice (searching for certificate of posting). They ignored the notice and are now threatening debt collectors if I don't pay up a year's membership. I didn't even know I was on a rolling contract and never signed to that effect or was made aware of such. Is there any simple way to sort this out other than paying them hundreds of pounds for a gym membership I can't use and have already given notice of cancellation for?

Been with David Lloyd 4 years, moved from the area recently and gave them one months written notice (searching for certificate of posting). They ignored the notice and are now threatening debt collectors if I don't pay up a year's membership. I didn't even know I was on a rolling contract and never signed to that effect or was made aware of such. Is there any simple way to sort this out other than paying them hundreds of pounds for a gym membership I can't use and have already given notice of cancellation for?

Simple, do what I did and ignore them. They soon give up when you stop answering their calls (which, by the way, if you tell them in writing that they are not to contact you by phone they have to legally adhere to) or replying to their letters. I haven't heard a peep from them since October last year, and I cancelled my contract that March. I've been through three, yes THREE, debt collectors assigned by DL and they have all threatened me with legal action if I don't pay up in 7 days.

Hi Furbix and welcome to CAG.

I've put your post into your own thread, to avoid hijacking.

Why are they saying you owe a year's m/ship fees ? :???: Sounds like they're having a laugh !!

Have you got the contract you signed with them 4 years back.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Can't find the contract but it was with next generation and then they got taken over by David Lloyd. Their saying if I don't pay them a years membership they will pass the matter on to their debt collectors.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)