Furbix -v- David Lloyd Gym re Cancellation.

furbix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been with David Lloyd 4 years, moved from the area recently and gave them one months written notice (searching for certificate of posting). They ignored the notice and are now threatening debt collectors if I don't pay up a year's membership. I didn't even know I was on a rolling contract and never signed to that effect or was made aware of such. Is there any simple way to sort this out other than paying them hundreds of pounds for a gym membership I can't use and have already given notice of cancellation for?

Been with David Lloyd 4 years, moved from the area recently and gave them one months written notice (searching for certificate of posting). They ignored the notice and are now threatening debt collectors if I don't pay up a year's membership. I didn't even know I was on a rolling contract and never signed to that effect or was made aware of such. Is there any simple way to sort this out other than paying them hundreds of pounds for a gym membership I can't use and have already given notice of cancellation for?

Simple, do what I did and ignore them. They soon give up when you stop answering their calls (which, by the way, if you tell them in writing that they are not to contact you by phone they have to legally adhere to) or replying to their letters. I haven't heard a peep from them since October last year, and I cancelled my contract that March. I've been through three, yes THREE, debt collectors assigned by DL and they have all threatened me with legal action if I don't pay up in 7 days.

Hi Furbix and welcome to CAG.

I've put your post into your own thread, to avoid hijacking.

Why are they saying you owe a year's m/ship fees ? :???: Sounds like they're having a laugh !!

Have you got the contract you signed with them 4 years back.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)