Kellylou86

Buchannan Clark & Wells - Scottish Power

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3614 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

1st post here as I have never been in debt & havent got a clue what to do! I recently worked for a debt collectors myself & was the PA to the directors for 2 years but left as I didnt agree with their practices! So i thought I would know exactly what to say as I dealt with all requests & complaints but my mind has gone blank!

I lived in a property from Oct 2007 - 31st July 2009 & we had our gas & electric with Scottish power, We moved out of the property on 31st July 2009. I rang SP & asked them for a final bill which totalled £329.13, I paid this by my credit card & thought the account was closed.

I had re-direction of mail to my new address for 3 months & heard nothing further, we received a letter to our new address from BCW in June saying that we had an outstanding amount of £288.62 with SP & admin charges of £101.02 from BCW. It said it was a final notice & a debt investigation officer would be visiting me. I rang BCW straight away & said how we do not acknowledge the debt & explained that I had paid my outstanding bill & gave them all the details. They advised they would contact SP to query this & would call me back to advise but the account would be on hold until then.

I didnt hear anything more by phone or post until monday when they phoned my mobile & asked for my boyfriend, I advised he was at work but I was aware of the account & had spoken to them in June. The guy on the phone only asked me to confirm the 1st line of address nothing else, (is this breaking DPA?), he advised me that SP said the amount stands & I had to pay this money by the end of the month, I explained that I was not acknowledging the debt & was not making any payments, he got quite aggressive & told me it was my legal obligation to inform SP if I moved, but why would I if I was told the account was closed! the man also said they have sent numeroous letters to us but we have only ever received the one letter in June, he said another was on its way. The conversation ended & I was extremely upset as the guy was rude & i was trying to look after my 6 month old baby.

They have phoned again today & I asked for my number to be taken off the account, the man said fine & put phone down. I rang back to make sure my number was taken off & it had been but the man said that he had spoken to my partner alot re this account, my partner has never spoken to them & they dont have a contact number for him so they are lying. Again I wasnt asked any DPA at all just the address the debt was at.

I am really worried now & dont know what I should do, I am on maternity leave with my baby & am scared that someone is going to come round when we are on our own at home & my partner is at work.

Can anyone please give me any advice or ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

kelly

Send BCW the 'account in dispute' letter from our templates.

Send an SAR to Scottish Power, this will cost £10 but will give you paperwork from which you can ascertain why they are saying there is an outstanding amount.

You can send the telephone harrassment letter to BCW again from our templates.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi Kellylou86

I am sorry to hear about your situation. We can easily check our records to see if your previous account was closed with no outstanding balance and also if there are any other accounts in your name showing an outstanding balance. If this is a debt for a period when you were not responsible for gas/elec then we can update this on the account and also make sure the debt collection agency are also notified accordingly.

If you want me to investigate this for you then send me a private message and I will get back to you with all the information you need.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower

Hi Colin

I am unable to send you an instand message as I do not have enough posts yet but will have this resolved this evening.

First of all I would just like to explain that this account is fully in dispute as explained to the DCA.

I would like you to look into the account & if possible provide me with statements/information etc of the 'alledged' amount, I have never once been contacted by SP even though they had my email address & there was redirection of mail on the address for 3 months. I cannot believe that SP didnt try to contact me once in that period!

Now BCW have put charges of £101 onto the account which I feel are unreasonable as SP havent tried collecting the debt, I understand how the process works as I am a PA for 5 directors within a DCA. As you will see if anyone has tried my credit file I do not have debts & always clear my accounts.

I did ring SP back in June to ask about the alledged amount but I was told that because it has been passed to a DCA that they could not look into this for me.

I am now being threatened with court proceedings from BCW however is this possible as Scotland follow a different jurisdiction to England & Wales? Also can you confirm if this will afect my credit file?

I am keen to get the matter resolved & would prefer to do this with SP instead of BCW.

Thanks

Kelly

First off I am surprised to see SP on this forum.

I would strongly suggest NOT to PM because this could be absolutely anyone.

Anyway, paranoia to one side if you do decide to PM i would not include any personal details at all, which I assume makes it difficult to find your account details.

I would simply ask for a scottish power email address to contact the poster and once you are happy the email address matches SP and is not altered in the header, then communicate that way.

With regards, to BCW I could write a book on that set of losers and scare monkeys.

The first tning to remember is despite everything they threaten they will not go to court. I'm gonna say that again this amount will NEVER go to court.

Send the harrased letterand letter in dispute. STOP TALKING TO THEM ON THE PHONE.

By all means sort this error out but personally there attitude in this has been terrible I would tell them to get stuffed and not pay a penny.

oh and nobody is going to come to your door and if they do they have less authority than the ice-cream man

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Thanks for the response. I am not communicating with them by phone & have now asked them to remove my phone number from their files.

How come you are suprised to see Scottish power on here?

I am in the process of sending both letters to BCW & will not be paying them a penny. can you tell me where I could find the account in dispute letter, also can I send a harrassment letter if they have only contacted me twice by phone & twice by letter.

Thanks

Kelly

Unmoderatethenet,

There are a few reps from various companies - some of the utilities and some of them phone companies - who are active on this site and, if you look at the utility forum or the mobile phone one you will see that these reps have helped many members resolve problems. I have personal experience of this with a mobile phone company.

I would advise the OP to allow the rep here to assist her in getting to the bottom of the matter.

Feebee_71

I would advise the OP to allow the rep here to assist her in getting to the bottom of the matter.

Feebee_71

I would agree, all official reps active on The Consumer Action Group have their user name in GREEN and have been given permission to post.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Colin IS a bona fide Scottish Power rep, and has been approved by CAG, so you can PM him with your details and I am confident he will be able to sort your problem out for you.

Lets not forget SP are NOT DCA's, they provide a service, where DCA's don't and just need to feed their greed, so any help by a rep form this company should be welcomed.

BCW cannot add their own charges, your agreement was with SP not BCW, so they are talking out of their rear end if they beleive they can force you to pay their unlawful; charges.

Check your credit file and keep an eye on it, if there is any adverse data on there and it is incorrect, you can claim damages from the credit reference agencies who allowed this to be put on their, aswell as suing SP for damages also.

The most important piece of advice is to NEVER SPEAK TO BCW OVER THE PHONE.....EVER!

Sorry posts crossed, typing with my elbows again!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I will send Colin a PM & hopefully I can get this sorted. BCW cannot contact me by phone now just can send those pathetic letters that I am ignoring.

I will let you know the outcome

Kelly

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your PM. Once I have the relevant account information I will be able to sort this for you.

Bazooka Boo - Thanks, I appreciate it!!

For any ScottishPower customer looking for assistance with their account I can be contacted privately through the forum or you can email me at onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower

• Haha 1