Paypal/iQor/Geoffrey Parker Bourne

Leece1234

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, Im very new to all this so i have no idea if im posting this in the right place, so i am sorry if im not.

I was wondering if someone with some knowledge on these subjects could help me.

A few months back i sold a laptop for £200 on ebay, the sale went fine, it was sent recorded delivery. The person received it (i can see on the online tracker they signed for it). About a month after this i received an email saying chargeback was being filed. I disputed it throughly, emailed the person i sent the laptop to and said if they wanted to send the laptop back i would be more than willing to refund them. It then said the email address was no longer valid (odd to say the least). Of course paypal sided with the buyer and then said i have to pay the £200. I tried ringing them but they are not easy to contact.

The matter was then sent to iQor recovery, who quite frankly are the rudest people ive ever dealt with. I had two very unprofessional letters that weren't even addressing me correctly. For instance just saying Dear SURNAME not even a tittle or first name. I contacted them saying i do not acknowledge this debt and GET THIS the women on the phone said we cant take you to court, we are just here to send emails/letters/telephone calls and that if i wanted to sort this out i had to go to paypal directly. Paypal only say its now in iQors hands. I did ask iQor for a copy of the CCA but they said they didn't have to send it to me (i know they legally have to though if i have asked for it)

So i left it, after reading about these stupid companies online and how many people had gone through the same and told me not to worry. It was all fine until Geoffrey Parker Bourne supposedly wrote to me. I panicked to start with until things started to not add up. The address was badly typed so you couldn't see it, and the letter was obviously a template photocopy. The telephone number also wasn't the registered solicitors number. They have tried calling me once but i told them any correspondence between us has to be in writing. Then came another letter saying that court fees may now be added to my amount and bailiffs may appear. Last Wednesday i sent them a formal letter asking for the CCA and as of yet have not heard anything from them.

Its all quite stressful, and seems like im paying for many other peoples mistakes. I am determined to not back down, why should i pay when im not getting my product back?

I would be grateful for any advice on this matter, or stories from other people who have been in similar situations.

To add: When ive received letters they have all given me a certain time limit to respond i.e 72 hours from the date sent but i usually receive the letters ages after the time limit ends. Surely that is breaking the law.