DCA sending letters to old address

mines a pint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont want to name OC or DCA.

Account in dispute with OC over (unreadable Microfiche) application form/agreement?, unfair charges & mis sold ppi, no default issued but account sold to a dca (OC communicated to correct address).

Made a further cca request to the dca who replied with the same (bad copy) of the microfiche together with T&Cs which again is a very bad photocopy - sent to correct address.

However, their 'account statements', Notice of Assignment (or should I say a letter advising they own debt) & usual threats have all been sent to old address together with a Default Notice, my concern is that they will obtain a judgement via this underhanded way of using our old address - they know full well what our current address is as I have written to them several times.

Incidently, the debt is about £2k LESS then what my charges & ppi claim is for.

Really not sure which way to play this one?

MAP

If you have proof that the original creditor has communicated to the dca you new address then any judgement given where the documentation has been sent to your old address could with relative ease be set aside.

It is a tactic some dca's appear to use Link Financial have used it in the past.

If you have been in communication with the DCA from your new address and your requests for agreements etc have been sent to them using your new address then write to them formally request all future

documentation be sent to you at your current address and put them on notice that you intend to report them to the office of fair trading for their unfair business practices.

Guidelines can be found here http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf Section 2.6 J comes to mind

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.