BankFodder BankFodder

pfjc1000

Article in the Daily Mail about Debt Collecting

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3452 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good news for the CAG

Headline :-Time to crack down on the debt collecting heavy mob

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1312064/Time-crack-the.html

:wink:

Many thanks for posting that, a very interesting read

I doubt if much will happen though but who knows

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I like this bit right at the end:

A Roxburghe spokesman says: ‘We are a professional debt collection

agency who act on the instructions of our clients.’

Wonder if that was placed in there deliberately tongue in cheek? :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Yea I read that this morning. Get ready for the usual holier than thou comments from the DM lynch mob about how 'it's all our own fault' x

• Confused 1

debt collectors typically earn between 10 pc and 50 pc of the money collected.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Peter Wallwork, chief executive of the Credit services association — the trade body for debt collectors — says: ‘Considering how big this industry is, we receive relatively few complaints.

Define "relatively", please.

A Roxburghe spokesman says: ‘We are a professional debt collection agency who act on the instructions of our clients.’

:pound:

Free publicity for CAG :)

Shame it was the DM :|

• Confused 1

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I think this quote says it all -

"The OFT is failing to rigorously enforce these rules by using its new beefed-up powers. No one is scared of them"

And therein lies the problem.

Roxburghe being professional indeed, I had a laugh at that comment....

Pity the OFT don't say 'okay you lot, every time we get 200 complaints in a 3 month period you get one of our guys working in your offices checking ALL the outgoing letters, and checking the debt portfolio details.

All I can say is that the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group should be disbanded and it should be illegal for a company to sell a debt to a debt collector - I am working on some wording for a petition to the government on this issue.... should have a watertight initial draft ready for October (significant day then, 4 years from when I was repossessed).

I hope we have all taken note of the relevant sections so that these can be quoted. Are we allowed on CAG to put up the telephone number mentioned, for complaints?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I find it hard to believe no one has commented on the article.

checked the DM and at 3 this afternoon there were no comments, or none that I can see

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I find it hard to believe no one has commented on the article.

i've left a comment but they have to read through it it first .i even put i link to CAG so they can read the horror stories for themselves :madgrin:

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

OFT can 'With draw a Credit Licence', if your a small fish yes, but if your a big fish like Barclaycard, Halifax - no chance. An empty threat, I wonder whether the OFT

are breaching my human rights.

Wonder if they will post our comments on DM? :madgrin:

Ive made one too xx

OFT can 'With draw a Credit Licence', if your a small fish yes, but if your a big fish like Barclaycard, Halifax - no chance. An empty threat, I wonder whether the OFT

are breaching my human rights.

I was going to make a claim under my human rights - till the wife pointed out i would have trouble proving i was human :-) Am sure there must of been a reason i married her.

I was going to make a claim under my human rights - till the wife pointed out i would have trouble proving i was human :-) Am sure there must of been a reason i married her.

:lol:

Obvious, innit? You couldn't feel human, so you settled for feeling A human.

I'll get my coat. :biggrin1:

I wonder how many licences the OFT has actually withdrawn - I'd bet it will be single figures. The whole system of consumer credit licencing is unfit for purpose, from the way in which dormant companies can get licences (and thus protect their owners), to Trading Standards' and the OFT's hopelessly inadequate enforcement.

The usual drivel from the CSA - of course they receive few complaints - they represent the DCAs, who have signally failed to reform the industry from within.

Mind you, in this day and age there appears to be more people concerned with Animal Rights than Human Rights.

PS I am an animal lover:lol:

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

PS I am an animal lover

I have read about people like you in the news of the world:-)

I have read about people like you in the news of the world:-)

I've read about them in discarded copies of the Daily Mail on the train. Apparently, they're all Communists or Immigrants... :(

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Still no comments visible and it's gone 10pm. Seems like the Daily Mail aren't that interested!

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Either that or they were all actually agreeing with the article, and that just would lower the tone far too much ,darling! :madgrin:

Roxburghe being professional indeed, I had a laugh at that comment....

Pity the OFT don't say 'okay you lot, every time we get 200 complaints in a 3 month period you get one of our guys working in your offices checking ALL the outgoing letters, and checking the debt portfolio details.

All I can say is that the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group should be disbanded and it should be illegal for a company to sell a debt to a debt collector - I am working on some wording for a petition to the government on this issue.... should have a watertight initial draft ready for October (significant day then, 4 years from when I was repossessed).

Well done,it is about time that the selling of peoples misery should be tack;ed ,and banned.Its like financial slavery!

Stripper

I think Ray Watson has been at the OFT since 1984, that says it all, a total lack of reality, times have changed, so the OFT needs to change. By the way if I had my credit licence withdrawn, I'd ask the OFT why Barclaycard have never had their licence

removed.