Article in the Daily Mail about Debt Collecting

pfjc1000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good news for the CAG

Headline :-Time to crack down on the debt collecting heavy mob

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1312064/Time-crack-the.html

:wink:

Many thanks for posting that, a very interesting read

I doubt if much will happen though but who knows

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I like this bit right at the end:

A Roxburghe spokesman says: ‘We are a professional debt collection

agency who act on the instructions of our clients.’

Wonder if that was placed in there deliberately tongue in cheek? :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

debt collectors typically earn between 10 pc and 50 pc of the money collected.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Peter Wallwork, chief executive of the Credit services association — the trade body for debt collectors — says: ‘Considering how big this industry is, we receive relatively few complaints.

Define "relatively", please.

A Roxburghe spokesman says: ‘We are a professional debt collection agency who act on the instructions of our clients.’

:pound:

Roxburghe being professional indeed, I had a laugh at that comment....

Pity the OFT don't say 'okay you lot, every time we get 200 complaints in a 3 month period you get one of our guys working in your offices checking ALL the outgoing letters, and checking the debt portfolio details.

All I can say is that the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group should be disbanded and it should be illegal for a company to sell a debt to a debt collector - I am working on some wording for a petition to the government on this issue.... should have a watertight initial draft ready for October (significant day then, 4 years from when I was repossessed).

OFT can 'With draw a Credit Licence', if your a small fish yes, but if your a big fish like Barclaycard, Halifax - no chance. An empty threat, I wonder whether the OFT

are breaching my human rights.

I was going to make a claim under my human rights - till the wife pointed out i would have trouble proving i was human :-) Am sure there must of been a reason i married her.

I was going to make a claim under my human rights - till the wife pointed out i would have trouble proving i was human :-) Am sure there must of been a reason i married her.
Obvious, innit? You couldn't feel human, so you settled for feeling A human.

I'll get my coat. :biggrin1:

I wonder how many licences the OFT has actually withdrawn - I'd bet it will be single figures. The whole system of consumer credit licencing is unfit for purpose, from the way in which dormant companies can get licences (and thus protect their owners), to Trading Standards' and the OFT's hopelessly inadequate enforcement.

The usual drivel from the CSA - of course they receive few complaints - they represent the DCAs, who have signally failed to reform the industry from within.

Roxburghe being professional indeed, I had a laugh at that comment....

Pity the OFT don't say 'okay you lot, every time we get 200 complaints in a 3 month period you get one of our guys working in your offices checking ALL the outgoing letters, and checking the debt portfolio details.

All I can say is that the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group should be disbanded and it should be illegal for a company to sell a debt to a debt collector - I am working on some wording for a petition to the government on this issue.... should have a watertight initial draft ready for October (significant day then, 4 years from when I was repossessed).

Well done,it is about time that the selling of peoples misery should be tack;ed ,and banned.Its like financial slavery!

Stripper

I think Ray Watson has been at the OFT since 1984, that says it all, a total lack of reality, times have changed, so the OFT needs to change. By the way if I had my credit licence withdrawn, I'd ask the OFT why Barclaycard have never had their licence

removed.