• Tweets

• Thanks dx.    Would I not SAR Asset Link Capital as it was assigned to them in 2016 (according to the POC)?   To provide some context, I'm familiar with attending hearings etc and have fought and won a couple of battles.  I don't mind risking a couple of K in extra costs to give it a shot but I need to feel that there is at least a chance of success.   The card was originally an Egg card taken back in 2000 and then sold to BC who then sold to Asset Link Captial (no5) Limited.   When I did a CCA request to BC back in 2015, they provided reconstituted T&C's that post dated when I took the card out with Egg and a Credit Agreement for BC (which was clearly made up as the account was with EGG!).   Appreciate you are being careful to provide advice and not push someone to do something that could end up costing more money, I'm up for the fight though!
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • you wont get eric and that doesn't solve your problem as thats mainly to do with private parking set asides really as most judges now view PPC Backdoor CCJ with dissent and grant it regardless.    i absolutely hate link and paul burrell he built up a £1B+ empire of wealth solely by conning debtors into paying debts they mostly didn't even owe, but in this instance you are on very shaky ground.   me pers i'd not even debated it and i'd just gone for it win or bust. once you get the set aside it should be plain sailing.   but you came for advice and i can't not be truthful here.   the only otherway to better gauge you chances is to SAR Barclaycard , get everything they hold. that will show you the cards that Link will have to play with , they might well be pants.      
    • I have read everything about these cowboys but need a little advice. I was issued my fine on 9/12/19 but only received a dated letter on 11/01/20.   Ive had all the threatening letters from DRP and now Zenith and ignored them all. My wife was driving our car but yet its my dad who's getting all the letters as he's the registered owner. They managed to get my number and rang me today, I busted them for being the same company but the guy on the phone was super aggressive. I said to him Ive spoken to Trading Standards and they told me by law a ticket has to be issued within 14 days of the offence. But as you can see it was over a month, I said this to the aggressive dude on the phone who actually knew way to much about parking fines. So I think they are actually under the same umbrella as VCS also.   He was firing back that the law doesn't state that and I should look at 2012 laws or something and the DVLA, and it takes time to get my details from the DVLA to issue my charge????   Does this mean anything to anyone pls Regards   Stuart
    • Thanks to both of you, I've PM'd Ericsbrother.   dx - I wonder if you would be able to suggest a couple of hypothetical basic defences that you think would be valid  (just to see if it sparks any thoughts of a different approach I could take)?
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Tomlin Order - Words needed re effect on Credit File?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3660 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I've seen a number of Tomlin Orders drafted out on here.....where the Claimant Bank agrees to settle with the Debtor.but none say anything about how the "full & final settlement" usually referred to is reflected on one's Credit File .

Do we have any scope here to add a clause in the Agreement saying something like...

"....and providing that the Defendant shall meet the payment(s) as set out above by the due date(s) then the Claimant shall within [three? six?] months of such date take such steps as are necessary to record a full and final settlement with the relevant Credit Reference Agencies ...."

Is this naive thinking....or has anyone managed it?

Cheers

R

The debt will be reflected on ones credit file until such time its settled as-in line with the requirements of the Information Commissioners Office.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not until its settled and if it continues past 6 years its up to the creditor to keep updating it.If it is settled and remains then you take the normal route via the CRAs to remove it yourself.Tomlin's are a only a means of consent to halt/delay legal proceedings and avoid any CCJ being registered.Not to stop a default being applied which it has to as i have said for reasons regulated by the ICO.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy,

but what does that mean?

Are you saying there Is no way to influence the clearing up of a credit file?

R

The Tomlin Order will prevent you getting a CCJ but as mentioned will not be able to remove the fact that you originally defaulted on the loan from your credit file.

The Tomlin Order will prevent you getting a CCJ but as mentioned will not be able to remove the fact that you originally defaulted on the loan from your credit file.

Theres that echo again:roll: