Roger_Ahoy

Tomlin Order - Words needed re effect on Credit File?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3612 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I've seen a number of Tomlin Orders drafted out on here.....where the Claimant Bank agrees to settle with the Debtor.but none say anything about how the "full & final settlement" usually referred to is reflected on one's Credit File .

Do we have any scope here to add a clause in the Agreement saying something like...

"....and providing that the Defendant shall meet the payment(s) as set out above by the due date(s) then the Claimant shall within [three? six?] months of such date take such steps as are necessary to record a full and final settlement with the relevant Credit Reference Agencies ...."

Is this naive thinking....or has anyone managed it?

Cheers

R

The debt will be reflected on ones credit file until such time its settled as-in line with the requirements of the Information Commissioners Office.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy,

but what does that mean?

Are you saying there Is no way to influence the clearing up of a credit file?

R

Not until its settled and if it continues past 6 years its up to the creditor to keep updating it.If it is settled and remains then you take the normal route via the CRAs to remove it yourself.Tomlin's are a only a means of consent to halt/delay legal proceedings and avoid any CCJ being registered.Not to stop a default being applied which it has to as i have said for reasons regulated by the ICO.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy,

but what does that mean?

Are you saying there Is no way to influence the clearing up of a credit file?

R

The Tomlin Order will prevent you getting a CCJ but as mentioned will not be able to remove the fact that you originally defaulted on the loan from your credit file.

The Tomlin Order will prevent you getting a CCJ but as mentioned will not be able to remove the fact that you originally defaulted on the loan from your credit file.

Theres that echo again:roll: