wrongly accused, any advice please.....

shal12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I bought a shirt from primark last week costing £7.00

Tried it on when I got home found it didnt fit so a few days bought the shirt back with receipt for a refund.

I was told by the cashier that I was not able to have refund as the shirt did not have any wash label inside.

This was news to me as all I done was try it on and put it back into bag ready to be returned!

I was then told that this shirt would not have been sold in this condition as all products are checked and would not have been sold without a was label and in so many words I was told that it must have been worn by myself and I had cut out the label!

Knowing my rights and also knowing that I had not worn or removed any labels I stood my ground and was adimint that I was not leaving shop without a full refund.

After sometime the floor manager was called and yet again I was told the same thing.

I was getting quite irritable by this time knowing 100% that I was right.

My husband asked the floor manager if we could deal with someone higher in management as we was getting nowhere with this problem and we felt humiliated as there was a que of people witnessing this and also a security guard standing behind us, my 5 year old daughter also was with us and things were getting a little heated....

Whilst waiting for another manager to see to us I decided to take a look at the other shirts that were out on the shop floor!!

I couldnt believe it when I actually found a shirt similar to the one I returned with no was label....

After being told we were given the benefit of the doubt by the manager I was refunded with the £7.00

After returning home and realising what we just went through for the sake of £7.00 I was so upset and we decided to return to the shop the next day to obtain the names of the manager etc... who was involved with this matter.

As we entered the store I looked at the rack of shirts that I orginally chose the shirt from and something told me to go check it out.

I could not believe what I seen not only numerous shirts with no wash labels but the orginal shirt I returned(I know this as when I returned it there was a slight mark on collar )

I was told that the product I returned could not be resold as far as they was aware I had worn it

Need I go on here.....

I have all the names of managers involved, is it worth me writing to head office to complain or just leave it be.

Grateful for any advice

thank u for reading

sharon x

Hi Sharon

Sorry about the nasty shopping experience you've had, I would contact your local Trading Standards, it's a bit suspect that they are selling clothes with no wash label,

says a lot about quality control. You might have to go through Consumer Direct to get to Trading Standards. Once you've done that, Write your letter to head office.

Write in the letter CC: Trading Standards, with the address of your local office, so they know you've copied it to Trading Standards. Address your letter to the Arthur Ryan, Managing Director,