Losing job so will lose working tax credit ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in a nursery and was due to go back to work last Monday however upon turning in for work i was told to stay at home for the time being until it picks up (there is a slow intake due to new term) Now a week later I am getting worried as I am still getting working tax credit when I am obviously not working and I cant sit around a wait forever.I am looking for work somewhere else and cant get through to the tax people no matter how hard i bloody try. I think it would be better if I left the nursery and went back onto income support whilst im looking for a new job.Im a single parent with two kids and cant live off fresh air,if my details are in the system as i was on IS before then how long will it take to process again??

Its so difficult going from one to another then back again :|:-x

How long has it been since you last claimed IS? This will determine whether you can make a rapid reclaim or have to claim afresh.

How old is your youngest child? This will determine whether you are entitled to IS on the grounds of being a lone parent, or whether you would need to claim JSA instead.

You should get a run on of WTC from the date you stopped working, for four weeks.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

How long has it been since you last claimed IS? This will determine whether you can make a rapid reclaim or have to claim afresh.

How old is your youngest child? This will determine whether you are entitled to IS on the grounds of being a lone parent, or whether you would need to claim JSA instead.

You should get a run on of WTC from the date you stopped working, for four weeks.

I began work in April of this year and was so pleased to have finally found a job.My youngest is nine and my IS stopped April 26th of this year,im gutted its come to this :|

You can submit a rapid reclaim to Income Support, however when 25th October comes around, a person can only claim IS on the grounds of being a lone parent if they are responsible for a child under the age of 7 (It's currently aged 10). You would then have to claim JSA.

Alternatively you can (if you prefer) claim JSA now.

You should receive the WTC run on for four weeks (this includes any childcare costs), or perhaps longer but it depends on the nature of the lay off. See here

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

You can submit a rapid reclaim to Income Support, however when 25th October comes around, a person can only claim IS on the grounds of being a lone parent if they are responsible for a child under the age of 7 (It's currently aged 10). You would then have to claim JSA.

Alternatively you can (if you prefer) claim JSA now.

You should receive the WTC run on for four weeks (this includes any childcare costs), or perhaps longer but it depends on the nature of the lay off. See here

well my four weeks before i loose my tax credits is up 4th october but by then hopefully the intake of children will be higher so il be ok.Im going to see my boss tmorw and tell her whats what.And isnt JSA well below what IS pay?? my mum gets it and its 60 odd quid a week i cant live on that with two children are they having a laugh??

thanks for ur help btw xx

IS and JSA are the exact same amount and there are no payments in either of these benefits included for the children; JSA and IS only include a personal allowance for the claimant (and partner where there is one). This includes any disability elements for the claimant/partner.

For IS/JSA claims prior to 2004, there was a child element. For claims made from 2004, there is no child element because child tax credit replaced this.

So in effect if you had an IS claim which was continued from prior to 2004, your IS would have included a child element but you would not have been entitled to child tax credit.