style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, hope someone can help me, so here goes.

I need to know what the normal procedure is for prooving to a bailiff and the company he works for that my husband no longer lives at my address as we have seperated since last October. I have had 2 visits already, sent them child tax credit award and water bill both just in my name, they have now asked for a council tax bill which again is my name. They have also told me they have to send a bailiff around to prove residency (i.e show him the council tax bill) even if i sent it in the mail, they have also said they cannot tell me when he will call, is this correct? i think i have been more that cooperative, should i tell them to get lost, i have a 2 year old and an 11 month old i am worried that he will try and get in my house if i open the door. Also they have told me that a bailiff spoke to my neighbour and he told him that my ex does live her, can they just take what my neighbour says as true? The thing is i don't even speak to neighbours let alone tell them about my personal life, so they would no way know about situation. Advice needed, thanks.

Hi again, i have done that they told me there was nothing thy could do because the account was now with the bailiff. I seem to be hitting my had against a brick wall and don't know where to turn next.

Hi seanamarts

Well i spoke to HMCS call centre and spoke to a manager, who told me there was nothing she could do and i had to let it run its course. I explained i was a single woman with 2 very small children and still nothing. I don;t know why they are calling for the CT bill, i think that prob what my neighbour told the last bailiff did not help, even thought he recomened it be sent back to court (or so he tells me). So do i just wait for the bailiff to call and jst show him the bill, they have told me as soon as they see this bill that will be the end of it and it will be sent back, i'm just living on my nerves in the meantime not knowing what they may do, i read some stories on here which were not good. However from what i can figure theres not much they can do because i am a single parent family, is this true. So clueless with all of this. Thanks i advance.

Their response is just typical, as soon as they see the word bailiff its like they have a turn off switch in their head. If he comes back, stand your ground, show him your CT letter, and tell him that this is the end of it, they have no more authority to break in than your average joe blog once you have shown them proof your ex does not live with you. If he tries to get into a conversation, cut it dead, state you dont wish to talk to him and shut the door. If he tries to prevent you from shutting it then call the police. You have no responsibility towards your ex and his whereabouts.

Hello, hope someone can help me, so here goes.

I need to know what the normal procedure is for prooving to a bailiff and the company he works for that my husband no longer lives at my address as we have seperated since last October. I have had 2 visits already, sent them child tax credit award and water bill both just in my name, they have now asked for a council tax bill which again is my name. They have also told me they have to send a bailiff around to prove residency (i.e show him the council tax bill) even if i sent it in the mail, they have also said they cannot tell me when he will call, is this correct? i think i have been more that cooperative, should i tell them to get lost, i have a 2 year old and an 11 month old i am worried that he will try and get in my house if i open the door. Also they have told me that a bailiff spoke to my neighbour and he told him that my ex does live her, can they just take what my neighbour says as true? The thing is i don't even speak to neighbours let alone tell them about my personal life, so they would no way know about situation. Advice needed, thanks.

Hi there

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING.

If the Bailiff calls --just tell him to Foxtrot Oscar.

He has ZERO rights --in fact EVEN LESS THAN ZERO when the"debt" he's collecting isn't yours in the first place.

It's up to the Bailiff company to do his OWN dirty work --up to them to find the address, it's not up to you to give it.

In any case DO NOT LET THEM IN AS THEY MIGHT TRY TO LEVY STUFF WHICH THEY THINK IS LEGITIMATELY LEVIABLE such as goods belonging to your EX.

Cheers

jimbo

Thanks everybody for your advice, i'm not too worried about it because i do have the council tax bill to prove i am a single occupant living with my two small children. i have now spoken to my neighbours and have had to divulge to them that we are now seperated just in case the little rat goes asking questions again, I did'nt even know they are allowed to speak to neighbours but i'm sure theres a lot they cannot do and still do it. The best part is even if they did get in there is nothing of value in my house for the to take anyway.

I will let you know when they have been, hopefuly it will not be too much longer and i can forget about it.