• Tweets

• PAC code   https://tinyurl.com/yxhxcsxf   ...
    • Noted! Hopefully there won't have to be another time though!     I did respond to the email, I just basically said that he cannot deduct any costs incurred for collecting / picking up the vehicle and if it heads down the route of ADR which is a total new concept of me having any evolvement with, that he would have to pay a refund/the cost of the car and the cost associated with the collection of the vehicle.    Apon further checking the legislation because he gave me no cancellation rights prior to the contract starting he is indeed guilty of an offence, which is the likelihood of what trading standards are dealing with in regards to his local TS contacting him.     
    • hi,     Just asking for some experience or knowledge.     I purchased a puppy on the 30th of august. On numerous occasions I was in contact with breeder and asked if the puppy showed signs of entropion.    I was told no.   On the 26th of August puppy had first jabs. And apparently their vets said none of the litter showed sign of entropion.    On collection of puppy I noticed he was covered in green mucus. The pen had dog muck spread in there so assumed it was just from pups playing and maybe getting it in each others eyes (poor hygeine on breeders part)   Anyways,   Asked breeder to wipe pup and we left       With in 3 hours we realised that the puppy wasn't well. He physically couldn't open his eyes and when we attempted to clean them his eyeballs weren't visible.    We phoned an out of hour vets and contacted the breeders immediately.     The pup was taken to the vets and we were informed he had a severe eye infection which was a result to entropion.    The vet bill came to around 900 after tacking and meds etc. I asked the breeder to cover the costs. They said no because their vets said their was no issues.     The state on this puppy my vets think he's suffered from birth.     And most certainly not 5 minutes before I turned up.      I've filed a small claims for the cost of the vets and the cost of the puppy.      Where do you think ill stand?    What type of evidence will the judge want to see. Thanks
    • This week, Nationwide has launched a rival account to NS&I's highly popular Premium Bonds giving savers the chance to win £10,000, on top of ordinary interest. View the full article
    • yes i said does and not doesnt duh!   i'll convert that email to PDF for you.   its probably alot easier just to login to your email providers website from a PC and simply copy and paste the textfrom the email next time   dx  
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Is this vehicle lease valid?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3549 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

my uncle signed for a vehicle through his ltd company which went into liquidation a few weeks later.

He then went self employed and took the van on as a sole trader.

I have looked at the paperwork and there are 2 boxes for signing.

one by Network vehicles and one for my uncle.

The Network vehicle signatures look like they are done by computer

and it also looks like they were already on when my uncle received the documents.

Am I right in thinking that he may be able to send the vehicle back as the paperwork wasnt properly executed?

Hi ZENTRIX9

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

If it was originally through the Ltd company then he personally has no rights to the vehicle and should hand it back to network.

He will have no liability if the ltd co's name is on the lease unless he signed as a gaurantor.

Hi, my uncle signed for a vehicle through his ltd company which went into liquidation a few weeks later. He then went self employed and took the van on as a sole trader. I have looked at the paperwork and there are 2 boxes for signing. one by Network vehicles and one for my uncle. The Network vehicle signatures look like they are done by computer and it also looks like they were already on when my uncle received the documents. Am I right in thinking that he may be able to send the vehicle back as the paperwork wasnt properly executed?

Unfortunately he signed a new contract under his self empolyed business name, but it looks like the contract that he signed was signed on behalf of network vehicles before he signed it. Would this still be valid because the pre executed the agreement. Network vehicles signatures are exactly the same on all previous contracts received (done by computer). Do they have to physically sign?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My uncle bought a van through his Ltd company. The company went into liquidation and he went self employed. The lease company got him to sign a new lease which was an "unregulated" lease without his knowledge or explaining to him what it was. He now doesnt need the van anymore and has found a buyer, however, after selling it he will be about £4800 short of the settlement figure he has to pay.

If he sends the cheque for the amount he sells it for and words the letter something like "I enclose a cheque for XXXX as full and final settlement" and they cash it, can they come after him for the remaining balance or does cashing the cheque constitute acceptance as full and final settlement.

Please help.

Hi, forgive the format, it won't let me left justify for some reason. F&F's are notoriously complex and everything needs to be agreed in writing before a single penny is paid. Although many people believe writing Cashing of this cheque is aaccepting F&F or similar, it will hold no legal water! Get an agreement in writing, make sure the remainder of the debt cannot be sold on, and make sure that anything negative on your CRF will be removed and it marked as settled. Hopefully the letter below will help you get started. Apologies again for the formatting, my computer's having a funny five minutes!

Full and final settlement for any debt

Your Name & Address

Date

Company Name

Address

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Your Reference

We write with reference to the money which you are claming on the above account.

We can confirm that we are unable to offer to pay the money which we owe in full. However, I can raise £ ??? and I want to offer this as an ex−gratia payment in full and final settlement of the account. This offer is made on the clear understanding that, if accepted, neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this debt in any way whatsoever and that we will be released for any liability.

We also request that, if accepted, you will make an entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.

Payment can be made within 2 weeks of receiving your written agreement of this offer and method of payment.

We look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours faithfully

Your Name