emb78

hsbc-Credit Card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My husband has been suffering finicially and i have asked HSBC, 3 times using the template letters on here to freeze interest and accept a reduced payment plan, they keep refusing. What are the next steps? Can anyone advise? I am really concerned that they will now move this to a debt collection agency as they have advised they will.

Any suggestion will be most helpful.

Thanks

EmB

Hi,

couple of questions if I may

How old is this account?

Do you have any late payment charges?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The account was opened in 2006 I think? yes we have had late charges in the past?

Sorry, I meant to ask another question

are the charges for an overdraft? If so you might be able to claim them back under Financial Hardship rules but it is very hard to do so

If the debt is a loan or credit card then that is much easier to deal with.

Even if it does go to a debt collector, that's not always a bad thing. You can tell them what you can afford to pay, they cannot tell you. Only a judge can do that.

Have you seen our collection of template letters?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758

Have you thought about a DMP with either CCCS or Payplan (both free to you) It all depends on your disposable income to whether they will take you on or not.

There is also national debtline who can help

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

Your essential bills take priority. everything else can form an orderly queue

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE