jooshy

River Island / Santander Store Card - Late Fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3511 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've got a River Island card which has been open and being repaid for the best part of 2/3yrs now. The repayment date is the 18th of the month, which is a total pain in the arse for me as my payday is the 20th. I have explained this to them on numerous occasions and asked them to move the due date for me or make some sort of arrangements as i cannot always make the payment on time. They have always refused and keep slapping me with a £12 late payment fee every other month for missing my minimum payment of £6-8pm which ends up getting paid on 21-22nd of every month.

Is there anything i can do to stop this or get these charges claimed back in any form as it's really annoying me, i am making additional payments for the past few months of around £20-30 so i am far exceeding the min payment required to them yet they chg me an extra £12 so paying it off is a bit of a challenge.

Help please!

Hi,

If you've asked them and they won't shift the date, try to make sure you've got the funds in when they are due to come out, I know that sounds obvious and easy for me to say but I can't see any other option.

Regarding the charges, claim them back, send them a letter saying you are unhappy with the charges being applied and you would like a refund, give them 14 days to refund them.

If after the 14 days they fail to comply, send them a Letter Before Action saying they have another 14 days then you will file a claim at court.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yeah appreciate it's my fault and have done my best. Just the excessive-ness of the charges that has annoyed me so i will do as you have advised and see where it gets me, thanks!

Hi,

I know where your coming from, I was hammered with charges for years, could never get out the bit, eventually reclaimed the lot.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Guest tobecontinued631

your payment due date is the 18th?

Why not just pay it on the first of every month? But make sure you pay double (arrears + minimum due) at first to catch up.

Then when you pay it on the 1st of each month your just paying it BEFORE the due date and not after. :roll:

p.s The Payment due date is not the date you have to pay, it is the date the payment must be made by.

Hope this helps.