Undelivered Council Parking Permits

Sarah500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new to this and so bare with me I will fill you in as much as possible.

I am a student who is living away from home next year so I applied for a parking permit and two visitor permits for the house Im living in therefore we can have vistors come and go and wouldnt be charged :-) They where £44 visitors permits and £15 residents permit.

I sent off the form with a cheque on a postal order as there is no way you can do it over the phone or in person as I live in leicester and the council is in stoke. I asked for the visitors permits to be sent to the stoke address as my house mates would be back earlier than me, and for the residents permit to be delivered to my home address as its for my car. I received my residents permit two days later and received confirmation that the visitors permits where being posted to my stoke address, as well as confirmation the cheque had been banked. When my housemate arrived there wasn't any visitors permits.

I have rang up stoke council and asked them where they are, they have said that it is not there issue as they where posted, and so I will have to go to the police and say they have been lost or stolen and get a lost and stolen number to register with them, then I will have to pay another £44 to get a new visitors permit as well as reapply and wait for a new one........

What are my rights????? HELP!!!!!!

Thank you

The police will laugh at you. The Council have a duty to supply the permits you bought. As it is a tangible item, I do not see them avoiding DSR in having to supply the item you paid for (the permit). If it was valuable, it is up to them to use a secure method of delivery. If they refuse to play ball, buy a replacement(s) and advise you will be seeking full recovery of your cost of the original (unsupplied) permit/s.

There is another issue - most councils restrict permit numbers to limit parking abuses, if you had 2, they may not agree to issuing 4 irrespective of who pays, but the trick is to write - confirming you called earlier, and are advising them formally of the non-delivery. This sets a paper trail for a (possible) future dispute.