Shellee

Parking Eye Parking Charge notice - Advice please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3613 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have read lots of posts advising people to ignore the letters received from Parking Eye but all of them refer to superstore or supermarket car parks and I would appreciate advise on my particular case.

I received a PCN on saturday for £120! (£60 if I pay by the 21st Sept). I parked on a private run down car park which is owned by a Hotel (the hotel is not attached, may I add). I have parked there for many years whilst studying in a centre across the road. This is first time I have had a problem and I believe that Parking Eye have only recently started to monitor this car park. I have always paid to park and it used to be pay on the way out but now it has changed to pay and display. Which was the first time I have used the car park under the new terms.

Anyway, I arrived at 7.31am sat in my car for a while pondering about the pay & display meter, went to find a shop to get some change, had a fight with the pay meter as it kept on ejecting my coins but eventually at 8.07am received a ticket which was valid until 12.07pm for £6. I took an exam over the road and it ran over schedule by a couple of minutes. However I got back to my car, made a phone call and left at 12.12pm so I was 5 minutes late. I did not think anymore about it and never even imagined that there would be an ANPR camera as I didn't know they existed or what they were until I have done my homework over the weekend. I don't recall seeing signs to state this was in place either.

Anyway Parking Eye are members of the BPA and I have read their code of practice and it would appear that Parking Eye themselves contravene a number of their codes. It clearly states that their should be a '5 minute grace' and I fall into this category but as the notice does not clearly state what I am in breach of I am wondering if it is because I only paid for 4 hours and my car was physically there for longer. I didn't pay until 8.07am and had arrived at 7.31 but you can not back pay can you? So this is silly.

I am wondering whether I should send a COPY of my ticket and state that I am within my 5 minutes 'grace' and also point out their own breach against BPA's code of practice or whether, as you all point out, ignore it! Why should I ignore it at this stage?

I have rang the Hotel and they have said they usually advise a 15 minute leeway and told me to ring Parking eye's customer services. I rang Parking Eye and they said just forward a copy of your ticket and there should not be a problem. The customer services advisor, who refused to give her surname, said the 'fine' won't accrue anymore charges in the meantime whilst they wait for my appeal. It certainly isn't a fine as these are only imposed by courts ( so I thought ). She asked me to email it but I won't as I might get bombarded by email with their threats if they overturn my appeal.

Their contraventions to the BPA code is quite a few, just to sum them up, they are as follows;

1) 5 minutes grace - already pointed out

2) misrepresentation of authority - doesn't their decorate boarder do just that. Intimidating the public into thinking that their parking control is carried under the statutory powers of the police, by putting the same boarder around their notice.

3) I can't recall seeing that their sign stated the use of ANPR cameras were in force or if they did they certainly were not clear

4) Their sign did not state that the DVLA would be contacted to obtain vehicle keeper details.

Anyway, I am tempted to appeal, what do you think?

Thanks in anticipation for your help

Just ignore them , they are not worth engaging with. As for the BPA it's just a member's club and don't care about the general public.

I received a PCN on saturday for £120!

No you didn't! They would like you to think you did - a PCN is a Penalty Charge Notice - what you received was a Parking Charge Notice. Sounds similar, has the same initials (coincidentally of course) but it ain't a pcn.

I would say don't waste your time writing to them or anyone else. If they want to get their hands on your cash they would have to take you to court for breach of contract and win damages - and that's not going to happen. They will just keep threatening to - let them waste their time and money, not yours!

ignore!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

You are taking them far too seriously, follow the excellent advice, ignore them and get on with your life.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.